Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Efi live not connecting to vehicle

Default Efi live not connecting to vehicle

Newb with a problem. I just picked up the v2 scan only for now. Took me forever to find the options.txt file, finally got it connecting. But I cannont get 7.5 on my laptop to connect to the vehicle. 8 says scan isnt ready yet, and 7.5 either says not supported or cable error. Its all brand new, and the cables are connected well enough that the explorer recognizes the flashscan and the vin. But will not connect. Any ideas? I want to use the dashboard and other feature!! Thank you! Alec

Hi Alec,

Post a screenshot.

What V7 and V8 build versions do you have installed...?

What V2 firmware...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Alec,

Post a screenshot.

What V7 and V8 build versions do you have installed...

What V2 firmware...
    Everything is completely up to date. 7.5.7 b 204 and 8.2.1 b 203. Not sure on the firmware, again i just opened it a few days ago and even tried to update, everything is up to par. No screenshot, no internet for laptop at my house, on my phone here

I guess to clarify the issue... I had 7.5 open, and tried to connect to my 01 2500hd with the 8.1L . The "connect" button brought me to a dialog box stating that its not supported, and i need to install the latest v8 software (which was already installed, obviously the scan part isnt ready) and the same went for the allison trans controller. In my 98 silverado vortec 5.7, i get the cable error. But i was able to view pids and data from the '98, as i was checking the cam retard and it worked fine. I just cant get either to connect with the software on the laptop.

The current builds are 225/219.

Don't do the update by clicking Update... instead manually download/install from here: EFILive-RC-2-%28March-28-2013%29

And then do this: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

Also make sure the use the older USB driver (use the USB Manager program that comes with V8).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Also make sure the use the older USB driver (use the USB Manager program that comes with V8).
    Ah ha.. So the update isnt up to date? Well, hopefully I can get the laptop to internet access today, and i will follow those steps. Will keep you updated! THANK YOU!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7d9_z28 View Post
    Ah ha.. So the update isnt up to date? Well, hopefully I can get the laptop to internet access today, and i will follow those steps. Will keep you updated! THANK YOU!
    No, it is fully up to date. There have been issues with the latest USB drivers causing errors in certain conditions with V7.5. The workaround is to uninstall the new drivers and revert back to the old ones.

Pretty easy to revert/change between the 2 version: Open EFILive USB Manager, click Uninstall, then click install on the version you want to use.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Alright. I followed the download link, i followed the setting up from scratch as far as i could (last steps for tune files i couldnt figure out, but mines not setup for tuning yet anyways) and i reverted to the older usb driver. Same issues. First time i clicked connect in 7.5, i got the missing cable error. Tried again, got the not supported by this version error. Its really starting to bug me, having to have like 5 windows open and do a bunch of copy and pasting just to get this thing to work! And It wont even completely work! I wish there was a support line to call since my internet access is so limited.

When you connect with the scantool, look at the Console tab, copy/paste the text from there to here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast