Thread: clearing codes with V2 not using a laptop??

Default clearing codes with V2 not using a laptop??

is it possible to just plug in my V2 to the obd2 port and clear/read codes without the use of a laptop?? i know i can pull codes with it but they dont have any description and every time i try to clear a code it will say they are cleared when they really are still there? simply put it doesnt really clear codes... the only way ive been able to clear codes is when connected to my laptop.

Lifetime Member

Yes, go into the Diagnostics screen, then click Trouble Codes, then Clear DTCs. I cant remember the exact verbage, but that's pretty close.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Yes, go into the Diagnostics screen, then click Trouble Codes, then Clear DTCs. I cant remember the exact verbage, but that's pretty close.
    thats what i tried doing but when i "clear" them theyre still there!

Are they being set again? What are the codes and what's been done to the car?

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Are they being set again? What are the codes and what's been done to the car?
    they arent being set again because if i clear them ith my laptop hooked up they go away until i do a drive cycle. its on my 2008 Ram 6.7 Cummins and all ive done is deleted emissions equipment so far

Sounds like a script / config file issue in the BBL settings. If you haven't updated your firmware to the latest release (Jun 2012) and also updated the entire config filesystem in the V2, then I'd do that first. If the problem still remains, it may be a bug.

Check their status... i.e. the History flag might be on and the Current flag might be off...

post a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Sounds like a script / config file issue in the BBL settings. If you haven't updated your firmware to the latest release (Jun 2012) and also updated the entire config filesystem in the V2, then I'd do that first. If the problem still remains, it may be a bug.
    i think i already did this when i first bought it back in early february. i have the build 211 and build 203 software loaded and running on my laptop. is there anything i have to do to the actual V2 handheld itself?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Check their status... i.e. the History flag might be on and the Current flag might be off...

post a picture.
    how do i go about doing this? im a noob!