Thread: yesterday it works, today nothing wtf?!

Default yesterday it works, today nothing wtf?!

I am trying to log a 07 corvette with an E38. Yesterday, it was scanning fine and all my calc pids worked. Today, I turn everything on to log and tune, and nothing. The bi-directional controlls work, but the data page shows negative (impossible) #'s and there is no rpm or any other data. Did the V2 die on me, or what? nothing changed!

Maybe just try revalidating the PID's (Shift + F2 within the scantool once connected).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I did try to revalidate the pids, but that didn't change anything. The selected pids even show up in the data tab. The problem is the data is maxed negative for every selected pid from the instant the monitor or record data buttons are pushed. Also, when looking at a map, the cell counts are very low. It seems to be freezing up. My PC has 8 gb ram and a intell core i5-2500k 3.3 GHz. All of the other software on the computer works fine. I restarted the pc a couple of times and I disconnected the V2 and left it unplugged for a while, but the problem still remains.

I've seen the same problem with mine before. It started when I added GM.ETCTP to my PID list and started back working when I removed it. Did you recently add something to your list?
    2002 Chevy truck, SCSB 2WD, Stroked LS3 w/Big Mutha Thumper cam
    2002SS Camaro LS7/427 with stock suspension setup
    2012 Chevy truck, SCSB 2WD, Magnaflow exhaust + K&N

I did. I added E38.SCALEDCORVE_DMA and E38.SCALEDUNVE_DMA and CALC.E38_VE. I wanted to make a map of the vve table in the logger, so I grabbed RPM and CALC.E38_VE because I didn't see a valid MAP pid. I will try removing the other two pids and see what happens.

I'm curious if this works for you....

It worked. I removed the pids and every thing went back to normal. Thanks for the help.

The other thing I noticed was while logging data, the data would show up on the tune tool during playback. That was super cool, but it was only accurate during one of the logged sessions. The 2nd time I recorded "no pid changes" it wouldn't show the data (vve table) accurately. It logged fine in the scanner, but during playback in the tune tool it was stuck at 15 kpa. Did I miss some thing?

Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool Guy View Post
    It worked. I removed the pids and every thing went back to normal. Thanks for the help.

The other thing I noticed was while logging data, the data would show up on the tune tool during playback. That was super cool, but it was only accurate during one of the logged sessions. The 2nd time I recorded "no pid changes" it wouldn't show the data (vve table) accurately. It logged fine in the scanner, but during playback in the tune tool it was stuck at 15 kpa. Did I miss some thing?

Thanks again for the help.
    Make sure the scantool units for MAP are Metric (kPa), and make sure tunetool has same units for MAP axis of VE table.

I added the GM.ETCTP back to mine yesterday just to try it again and for the first time ever it worked perfect. Go figure! I believe it's a varying level of corruption in the software that varies from day to day.

I switched the data in the scan tool and it works. Thanks again for the help.