Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GMH V6 communication problem

is it an ecotec engine? and are you using a BCM simulator?

Yes to both of those questions.

I've seen BCM simulators behave very badly on the aldl bus, they have erratic timing as some don't obey the silence command. If all you use it for is to bypass security you can start the engine then disconnect the bus line between the BCM and ecu then data log, that will give you the best data log. Alternatively you can try passively data log by sending the data request in between aldl chatter but the rate will be slow and hard to time if the BCm simulator doesn't behave properly

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    I've seen BCM simulators behave very badly on the aldl bus, they have erratic timing as some don't obey the silence command. If all you use it for is to bypass security you can start the engine then disconnect the bus line between the BCM and ecu then data log, that will give you the best data log. Alternatively you can try passively data log by sending the data request in between aldl chatter but the rate will be slow and hard to time if the BCm simulator doesn't behave properly

Agreed, that is a good description of what is most likely happening and a good solution to try.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Cheers guys, I will try disconnect the simulator and see how it acts. Is it strange that once it connects and starts working, it works fine without any errors? Or does the simulator not function after the engine is running?

One other minor question. Is it possible to create a macro that makes a calculation? I want to divide fuel comsumption (L/Hour) by speed to get a L/km result. I played quickly with the macro's but didn't seem like I could multiply the input by another value?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davewanna View Post
    Cheers guys, I will try disconnect the simulator and see how it acts. Is it strange that once it connects and starts working, it works fine without any errors? Or does the simulator not function after the engine is running?

One other minor question. Is it possible to create a macro that makes a calculation? I want to divide fuel comsumption (L/Hour) by speed to get a L/km result. I played quickly with the macro's but didn't seem like I could multiply the input by another value?
    I have never used a BCM simulator so I Can't answer any questions on that.
    Unfortunately there is no option to create calculated PIDs in EFILive V4.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by davewanna View Post

At a guess, you got lucky and managed to trasmit the data request and have the ecu receive it without being interrupted by the BCM Simulator, once the data requests started flowing the BCM Simulator didnt have a window of opportunity to interrupt. Each message packet is requested over and over so once logging starts its pretty much a continuous stream of data ECU <-> ALDL Cable.

Easiest way to try it would be put a switch on the dataline to the BCM Simulator (as long as this doesnt also cut off the line to the ALDL plug...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12