Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive RC 4 (April 10, 2013)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default EFILive RC 4 (April 10, 2013)

The latest EFILive software is now available as Release Candidate 4 for all EFILive customers.

EFILive encourages customers to use this release in their production environments.
    This release is scheduled to become the official public release.

Download here:

Updates since RC3:

• Fixed E55 cal-flashing mis-matched operating system.
    • Fixed E39 cal-flashing of *.coz files fails with "incorrect checksum" due to badly formatted *.coz file.
    • Fixed pass-thru data logging failure when less than 24 channels are selected and external A/D PIDs are selected and voltage applied to AD1 thru AD4.
    • Fixed "g-force units not defined" error.
    • Fixed metric/custom scaling issues when using slider to test custom PID units for BBL PID selections.

Firmware

• Since RC3, the FlashScan and AutoCal firmware version number has been updated to V2.07.37. That means once you upgrade the firmware you cannot revert back to V2.07.35 or 2.07.36.
    • The firmware version number upgrade from 35 to 36 was required because of the seriousness of the "SD Card surprise removal" bug that was fixed in RC2.
    • The firmware version number upgrade from 36 to 37 was required due to external data logging interface updates.

What is not included in this release:

• The Cummins switchable tune (CSP5) feature is not included in RC4.
    • The DPF/EGR restrictions for US based customers are not part of RC4.
    • Pass-thru logging using the V8 software is not included in RC4 (use V7.5 for pass-thru logging duties).
    • Tune file editing using the V8 software is not included in RC4 (use V7.5 for tune file editing duties).

Bug Fixes:

Bugs that have been reported over the past 6 months have been fixed in this release. If you have reported a bug but discover that it has not been fixed or has only been partially fixed in this update, please report the bug again in this thread.

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

• The RPM24x PID does not display correctly on FlashScan/AutoCal during BBL nor does it display correctly on the V8 Scan Tool charts. It does display correctly on in the V7 Scan Tool. (fixed in RC5)
    • When searching for PIDs in the V8 BBL or Scan Tool setup windows, the PID groups are now automatically expanded to show all PIDs that were found. (fixed in RC5)
    • Setting the "Auto" check-box for BBL configurations is not remembered. (fixed in RC5)
    • Changed BBL alarm alert time setting to correctly show time is 10x ms. (fixed in RC5)
    • Disabled BBL alarm hold time setting because it is not implemented on FlashScan/AutoCal for BBL yet. (fixed in RC5)

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; April 19th, 2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Blacky, can you tell me if the 255kph limit has been fixed or is planned to be fixed in the new scanner. or is it a hardware limitation?

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Blacky, can you tell me if the 255kph limit has been fixed or is planned to be fixed in the new scanner. or is it a hardware limitation?
    Sorry, I'm not up to speed on the limiter you are referring to. Which controller? And is there a thread explaining any of it that you can point me to?
    Regards
    Paul

nah. it's an old issue even from the ls1 days where the scanner wont show any speed readings above 255kph. the graph flatlines at 255 even if you adjust the min/max values.

does the same on e38 too.

nah. it's an old issue even from the ls1 days where the scanner wont show any speed readings above 255kph. the graph flatlines at 255 even if you adjust the min/max values.

does the same on e38 too.
    The VSS PID will only ever show up to 255km/h that's a hardware limit. Actually its a data definition limit set down by CARB/EPA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vss.png 
Views:	375 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	14827

Regards
    Paul

scanner wont show any speed readings above 255kph

I take it Mr. Plod and his laser/radar gun wasn't around when you found this out

Regards
    Paul

They were.... but it was a sanctioned event. :-)

That was a roll on 800m.

the below screenshot is the 1000m standstill.

is there anything you can do to make it work? im curious to know how the dash works then. the ve ssv dash is setup for 280kph. the dash in mine now only goes to 260 and it was sittign on the bottom for a bit.

any chance of getting a custom file to "correct" the data definition to go to atleast 300?

There's nothing we can do to change that PID.

Maybe try creating a calculated PID using the TOS (transmission output speed) PID.

TOS in rpm divided by the diff ratio will give the wheel speed in rpm.
    To convert the wheel rpm to rph (revs per hour) multiply by 60
    To get the km's traveled by one wheel rotation is wheel circumference in mm)/1000000 (there's 1 million mm in 1 km)

So if your diff ratio was 3.11 and your wheel circumference was 750mm then the expression would be like this:
    km/h = {GM.TOS}*60*750/1000000
    or
    km/h = {GM.TOS}*0.045

To sanity check that:
    Assume TOS=TIS of say 1500rpm which should be around 50-80kmh in 4th when the trans ratio is 1:1.
    1500*0.045 = 67.5 km/h

Edit: Arrgghh I forgot to include the diff ratio so try this instead:

So if your diff ratio was 3.11 and your wheel circumference was 750mm then the expression would be like this:
    km/h = {GM.TOS}*60*750/(1000000*3.11)
    or
    km/h = {GM.TOS}*0.014469

To sanity check that:
    Assume TOS=TIS of say 1500rpm which should be around 50-80kmh in 4th when the trans ratio is 1:1.
    1500*0.014469 = 21.7 km/h (which I guess is probably more realistic with a 3.11 diff)

As far as I know, the dash works by getting a VSS pulse output signal from the ECM {H0105} which has no such 255km/h limit. The pulses just get faster and faster and faster.
    I'm pretty sure you can change the dash speed display without altering the internal speed used by the ECM (for shift points etc) by altering that H0105 output to the dash.

But I could be wrong, Ross (aka gmpx) would know for sure.

Regards
    Paul

nevermind.

i also added the gear ratio multiplier. this is what i came up with and it works.

{GM.TIS}*60*2114.29/(1000000*3.46*0.852)
    using this one to remove tcc slip rpm.

({GM.TIS}-{GM.TCCSLIP})*60*2114.29/(1000000*3.46*0.852)

Thanks Blacky
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; April 9th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    [/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
    Bugs that have been reported over the past 6 months have been fixed in this release. If you have reported a bug but discover that it has not been fixed or has only been partially fixed in this update, please report the bug again in this thread.
    Its looks like the bug for OS 24237276 on the T43 controller where its missing the Pattern B shift time tables "Desired Shift Time Input Torque Mod (Pattern B)" is still there in RC4

is this fix going to make it in this next time around?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast