Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive RC 4 (April 10, 2013)

Lifetime Member

Paul/Ross, are we going to see the E67 calz's updated here soon? I mentioned a few weeks/months ago that 12618164 is missing the MAF TCS Patch and it would be really helpful to have that added. Thanks!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I don't know the answer, we'll have to look in to it, but certainly on the early T43 OS's the table just didn't exists like in the later ones.
    I just learned that whats missing isn't a pattern B shift table, but a Based Desired Shift Time for pattern A/B

That would explain what I'm seeing

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    EFILive will be voluntarily removing the DPF and EGR calibrations from our software for US based customers. See this for more information... https://www.efilive.com/index.php?op...167&Itemid=158
    The current RC4 software has not had those features removed yet. Those features will not be removed prior to the final RC version going public. That public version will be the final version with the EGR/DPF capabilities included.
    After that, the next release will have those features removed for US based customers only. Non US based customers will still have full access to the DFP/EGR features.

Regards
    Paul
    How will this policy be enforced when you download the software ?

Thanx
    -Justin

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Paul/Ross, are we going to see the E67 calz's updated here soon? I mentioned a few weeks/months ago that 12618164 is missing the MAF TCS Patch and it would be really helpful to have that added. Thanks!
    At some stage they all will be when we get the 3D torque model done.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Can I download the good copy if I walk across to Mexico

Thanx
    -Justin

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    Can I download the good copy if I walk across to Mexico

Thanx
    -Justin
    Yes, if your PC/laptop "knows" its in Mexico and not in the US.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    How will this policy be enforced when you download the software ?

Thanx
    -Justin
    We know that there will be US based customers who will try (and most likely succeed) to bypass the EGR/DPF removal. All software restrictions can be bypassed given enough time and resources.

The reason we are removing the EGR/DPF is not for our protection but for our US customers' protection. We don't want US customers to modify those calibrations and find themselves in trouble with various regulatory agencies. So it would be an exercise in futility if we just posted how to bypass the restrictions.

Eventually folks will work out how to bypass the restrictions themselves - after all most of the folks who tune their vehicles are very smart and computer savvy. However, by having to make the changes necessary to bypass the restrictions the customer making the changes will not be accidentally changing the EGR/DPF calibrations. They will be doing it with the full knowledge that it is not something that was delivered as part of the EFILive software to the US region.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    At some stage they all will be when we get the 3D torque model done.
    Woot, that should be REALLY cool to see! HPT just added the torque model stuff a month or so ago, you guys are going to give us a nice, pretty, and functional 3D model. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    We know that there will be US based customers who will try (and most likely succeed) to bypass the EGR/DPF removal. All software restrictions can be bypassed given enough time and resources.

The reason we are removing the EGR/DPF is not for our protection but for our US customers' protection. We don't want US customers to modify those calibrations and find themselves in trouble with various regulatory agencies. So it would be an exercise in futility if we just posted how to bypass the restrictions.

Eventually folks will work out how to bypass the restrictions themselves - after all most of the folks who tune their vehicles are very smart and computer savvy. However, by having to make the changes necessary to bypass the restrictions the customer making the changes will not be accidentally changing the EGR/DPF calibrations. They will be doing it with the full knowledge that it is not something that was delivered as part of the EFILive software to the US region.

Regards
    Paul
    I completely understand EFILive's reasons, if you look at EVERY other handheld/tuning platform (dont know about SCT), they've long disabled this feature. I think HPT removed it back in late 2011, thats 1.5yrs ago everyone.

I can see a market for guys overseas modifying tune files for DPF deletes and charging a pretty penny for it, but I also imagine US guys will try to bypass the restrictions. But, at the end of the day, if EFILive has done their best attempt to block it in the US, that should make the EPA happy (note the *should*, I hope it does because this tuning suite is great).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

The Unlink option for Autocals doesn't seem to work.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Woot, that should be REALLY cool to see! HPT just added the torque model stuff a month or so ago, you guys are going to give us a nice, pretty, and functional 3D model. Awesome.
    That is funny I wasn't aware of that, I am sure if you read back far enough you will see them telling customers that those torque coeffs are a waste of time
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast