Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive RC 4 (April 10, 2013)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    In V8 BBX, when I open file Options.txt it seems to forget that I checkmarked Auto (as in Automatic Transmission) on each pidlist.
    I never considered saving that selection along with the PID list. But looking at it again, it really does need to be saved along with the PID selection.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Have an issue installing the RCs. My 'My Documents' folder, among others, is redirected to a network location.

When I try to install the RC's, I'm getting the following errors:

V7:
    Setup Can not create the following folder:
    \\Domain path\users\%username%\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\ Custom OS

V8:
    Setup Can not create the following folder:
    \\Domain path\users\%username%\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config

This has been the case for every RC I've tried to install.
    Investigating...
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I never considered saving that selection along with the PID list. But looking at it again, it really does need to be saved along with the PID selection.
    Regards
    Paul
    And after looking even closer, it is supposed to be saved. Checking/unchecking that checkbox changes the *.pmm file name suffix from _A (auto) to _M (manual), i.e. the data listed in the Module(s) column. The correct module name is saved to the Options.txt file. However, when the Options.txt file is re-opened it is always loaded as _M - effectively un-checking the "Auto" option. I'll get it that fixed asap.

Related problem: setting the checkbox in the BBX settings does not update the PIDs to their Auto settings. It does work correctly in the Scan setup. For example, look at the sub-pids for the LS1B enhanced PID STATE02. When Auto is not checked the last two items are "REVINH Reverse Inhibit" and "CPSW Clutch Pedal Switch". After you check the Auto checkbox (in the Scan window) those two sub-pids change to "TCCPWM TCC PWM Solenoid Command" and "TCCSOL TCC Enable Solenoid Command". That same change does not work in the BBX setup window - which will be fixed asap.

IMHO using the same PID to store different data depending on the transmission type was not a smart design choice by GM back in the day.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by izaks View Post
    Problem reading and writing LS1B controllers that previously read / wrote ok with V7.5 (512 and 1mb)
    Fails - Bootloader rejected
    Reason
    Controller has returned to normal operation, please retry the operation.
    Works with V8
    Investigating...
    Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

What settings will/won't "hurt" the PCM (or more importantly the drive train) are not controlled by the hard soft or hard limits. The soft limits are really just sanity checks for catching mistyped values. The hard limits are limits that simply cannot be exceeded due to the bit size of the memory allocated to store the data.
    On some LS1's setting the speedo pulses per km (or mile) too high or too low - even while staying within the hard limits can brick the PCM. Although, because it happened too many times we changed the hard limits to prevent those extreme values from being entered. But there could be other calibrations that if changed to extreme values will cause either the PCM to fail or the drive train to be damaged.

I got annoyed at having to update the second part of the year range (i.e. 1998-2012) each time another year rolled by so I did some research to find out how other software companies handled it.
    Turns out you should only include the year of publication. So I went with that. Some places indicate that you should include a comma separated list of years when new/additional features were added. But in that case I would be adding a new year to the list every year which would be even more cumbersome.

[/LIST]

Regards
    Paul
    Got it Paul, thanks for replying!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Problem reading and writing LS1B controllers that previously read / wrote ok with V7.5 (512 and 1mb)
    Fails - Bootloader rejected
    Reason
    Controller has returned to normal operation, please retry the operation.
    Works with V8
    Hi Izak,

I can only get that error to occur when the seed/key is messed up. By selecting "Try Alt Keys" in V7 that problem is bypassed and the read/flash can continue.
    If that is not the problem, can you send me the *.blx trace files for the failed attempt(s). (send to paul@efilive.com)

Regards
    Paul

Files sent
    2011 VE SSV 419 + CAM + Whipple 2.9FF SC + PPV front struts + Bilstein rear shocks + 6L90E with single piece carbon fiber prop

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    Its looks like the bug for OS 24237276 on the T43 controller where its missing the Pattern B shift time tables "Desired Shift Time Input Torque Mod (Pattern B)" is still there in RC4
    It's not a bug, GM just didn't have the tables. That was a first year release T43 OS, I guess they shared shift time tables between patterns in the early TCM's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

And after looking even closer, it is supposed to be saved. Checking/unchecking that checkbox changes the *.pmm file name suffix from _A (auto) to _M (manual), i.e. the data listed in the Module(s) column. The correct module name is saved to the Options.txt file. However, when the Options.txt file is re-opened it is always loaded as _M - effectively un-checking the "Auto" option. I'll get it that fixed asap.

Related problem: setting the checkbox in the BBX settings does not update the PIDs to their Auto settings. It does work correctly in the Scan setup. For example, look at the sub-pids for the LS1B enhanced PID STATE02. When Auto is not checked the last two items are "REVINH Reverse Inhibit" and "CPSW Clutch Pedal Switch". After you check the Auto checkbox (in the Scan window) those two sub-pids change to "TCCPWM TCC PWM Solenoid Command" and "TCCSOL TCC Enable Solenoid Command". That same change does not work in the BBX setup window - which will be fixed asap.

IMHO using the same PID to store different data depending on the transmission type was not a smart design choice by GM back in the day.

Regards
    Paul
    I had not noticed that the state pids were overloaded... Hmmm, I seem to remember that the REVINH and CPSW share the wiring as TCCPWM and TCCEN.

Thanks for looking.

Files sent
    I re-posted the email that I sent to you here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....NT-INFORMATION
    Other users may run into the same issue...

Regards
    Paul

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast