Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with B5908 Fuel Mixture Spark Correction

Default Help with B5908 Fuel Mixture Spark Correction

I can't really find any reason why this table isnt being added into my spark correction, all of the documentation and forum discussions I've found don't mention if anything disables the fuel mixture correction.
    Also, theres about .5-1 degree difference between my DMA_BASE and Spark Deg that I haven't found.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Motor is ls1B ecm with COS3 controlling 05 ls2, ls3 heads/intake, ls9 injectors, 226/234 600/615 cam, t56 transmission

The two logs are the same drive, just different groups of PIDs.
    s10cos3_0050.ctz
    LS1B_0132.efi
    LS1B_0133.efi

Here are some screen shots from the log and tune i posted

Does anyone know of any conditions that prevent this table from being used? I was under the assumption that it is calculated all of the time.
    I tried a complete new reflash from an earlier file that i pasted my tables into and i was able to get it to add 1 degree at two VERY small points in time. There doesnt seem to be anything that i can find to explain this.

attached is the log and tune from the screen shot.

s10cos3redo_0001.ctz
    LS1B_0139.efi

for some reason my posts all day today are not being approved for display.

anyway, i have a theory about whats going on for me. I checked a stock ls1b file in hptuners and theres an additional table related to the EQ timing table that is a map based multiplier, which is not available in efilive.
    heres a screen shot:

heres more screen shots from the only logs i found that have any data in the EST_EQR channel. the cell in the table is 1 degree.
    it looks like it all lines up pretty close.

I tried poking around in a stock bin but wasnt able to find anything yet.

anyone else know anything about this?

So it has been almost a year and I have updated to COS5 and revisited this table last night and it appears to act the same as with COS3.
    Is there a chance that the "AFR spark advance correction" table will be added? is this something that can be added with a cax file? I could not find any real info on how to make a cax file, just use them.

There are other threads on this forum advising people to use B5908 for cruise timing but the additional table that doesn't appear to be available makes it impossible to use for any low load situations.

Is my tune an anomaly? Has anyone else had any success implementing B5908 for adding cruise timing.

any help is appreciated.

Lifetime Member

I can't comment on if your tune is an anomaly, but in general if you have access to the bin file and a hex editor, you should be able create a CAX file. Open up a few of the CAX files that our out there, and you will see what info is needed (there is quite a bit of help built into the CAX template). By editing the "missing" table and flashing your PCM, you would then have a set of values that you could go searching for in the BIN file. Once you map that out, you can then build up the CAX file to make these adjustments in EFILive.

Well i found the table in the 12212156/0202005 OS at address 117C2 but when i change it, it doesnt seem to help. I cross checked between multiple 2002 Bins and HPT and searched through the whole file for occurrences of the sequence in the table, and also verified manual edits and it all shows that I found the correct table but the ecm just doesnt seem to want to use B5908 until about 80kpa.
    I tested against a 02 Silverado auto lm7, a 02 silverado lm7 manual, and a 2002 SS camaro auto. the trucks had a different slope than the camaro.
    oh well maybe in another year I will try again.

So after a little more messing around, I can't see any other possibility than there must be another variable that is not being accounted for. some sort of minimum map or load value that prevents the EST_EQ spark from being added.
    I filled B5908 with all 2s.
    here is my eq/map table:

I took the truck out for a short drive and made these maps. both are have all zero values filtered out for ease of reading.
    this one is map vs rpm showing EST_EQ max values. the two cells showing 1.5 (105/5200 and 85/3600) are the only ones that had varying values. all others had the same value.

this map is rpm vs tps. the only cell that had a varying value is the one that is highlighted.

i am not sure where i am going with all of this, but hopefully someone can eventually offer some guidance or experience. at the very least it keeps my memory fresh on what i have tried in this arena.

dave

Lifetime Member

I tried using this table as well and was unsuccessful.
    2001 Silverado 5.3L ECSB 2WD T56:
    T76 turbo, Meth injection, 72# injectors, 799 heads, 212/212 114LSA cam, Built 4L80E, 3.42's
    EFILive V1 Commercial, COS5 2-bar SOLSD, AEM wideband

There is the possibility that the coding change to get the boost timing tables operational has bypassed this function.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast