Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanity check of my first CALC.VET log.

Default Sanity check of my first CALC.VET log.

Hi,

I've just done my first CALC.VET log in my car and would appreciate some feedback on the log to check the data.

Monaro LS1, long tube headers, no cats, CAI, Edelbrock 80mm TB, 85mm MAF

I populated a custom OS tune from the Holden PCM that came with the engine but used an LS6 tune to add bits to try to match the bigger TB & MAF.

I'm not quite sure what to look out for yet in the logs but it was driveable and appeared sensible on the MTX-L (LC1) gauge I'm using.

I hadn't filtered the logs when I took the pics and hopefully I've setup the maps correctly?

"Calculated VE. BEN Corrected (g*K/kPa)"

"SELBEN (Average)"

SD_CALC_VET.tun
    Log_0000.efi

CALC.VET g*K/kPa map looks good -> apply it (paste into B0101).
    CALC.SELBEN factor map looks good ->apply it (paste-multiply into B5001).

On each map, goto the Data tab and increase the precision (i.e. say 3 or 4 decimal digits).

Your SD_CALC.VET.tun file is the before...?

Are you runing with MAF enabled...?

I'll take a closer look at your files later tonite.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I think I have used the interpolation spread sheet to smooth the CALC.VET map before pasting in the result and uploading that tune. I also manually smoothed some peaks on the input side of the interpolation spread sheet before copying the output table. I had LTFT/STFT and CL disabled, MAF was enabled. As it's a new install with lots of minor mods I thought I'd start from near scratch.

I was curious why I have quite high values at the top left of the VE map when compared to other map I've seen which appear to slope quite steeply down to low values?

In a contrast this morning I switched to the CALC.MAFT method. Enabled VE. Disabled the MAF and checked it failed in the OBDII diags. After a fairly long run the SELBEN map had a few 1% changes and two 2% changes so assuming I'm doing it right it was very close between the two log runs.

I'll post the map/log from that in a bit
    Last edited by bimbleuk; April 14th, 2013 at 01:50 AM.

Here's the data from my CALC.MAFT today. Mostly middle range stuff as it's far too busy on our roads.

I've not posted the MAF table as it was hardly changed from yesterday.

"Calculated VE. BEN Corrected (g*K/kPa)" - Filtered

Main VE map after filtering, interpolation and one smoothing pass.

I've attached the log and tune file below after pasting the new Main VE map. I missed logging the O2 voltages yesterday and stupidly only selected one correctly today! In the tune below I have copied over the idle settings from Weathermans example bigger tune to test. I wasn't logging with those setting today.

Thanks in advance.

Log_0001.efi
    SD_CALC_MAFT.tun

If you have CL/trims disabled, how are you using SELBEN, did you edit it so that it uses wideband only...?

Post your calc_pids.txt file.

Hi,

I'm following the tutorials so used the calc_pids.txt attached to those. I'm not confident enough yet to make those sort of changes.

In the summary notes it states both methods can be used with CL/LTFT enabled/disabled so I disabled them for the first runs.

"SELBEN:
    SELBEN is a combination of LTFT and WO2BEN, but you can restrict it to only WO2BEN as long as you disable CL/LTFT."

I read the above from the summary notes and assumed it effectively ignored the LTFT in the equations?

Should I have selected "BEN from WB (factor) instead" as the DATA parameter? If I do and re-plot then those are the right figures to paste & multiply?

Quote Originally Posted by bimbleuk View Post
    Hi,

I'm following the tutorials so used the calc_pids.txt attached to those. I'm not confident enough yet to make those sort of changes.

In the summary notes it states both methods can be used with CL/LTFT enabled/disabled so I disabled them for the first runs.

"SELBEN:
    SELBEN is a combination of LTFT and WO2BEN, but you can restrict it to only WO2BEN as long as you disable CL/LTFT."

I read the above from the summary notes and assumed it effectively ignored the LTFT in the equations?

Should I have selected "BEN from WB (factor) instead" as the DATA parameter? If I do and re-plot then those are the right figures to paste & multiply?
    By disabling CL/LTFT you would still be safe since LTFTBEN is applied only when stoich fuel is being commanded, and WO2BEN is applied everywhere else.

Let me take a closer look at your files with this (CL/LTFT disabled) in mind.

I appreciate you taking time to have a look. I've read many posts on here but sometimes I think that can also mislead, though I've just re-read the summary notes and it's becoming a lot clearer now what I'm doing. STFT aren't mentioned much so are they enabled/disabled during logging?

I think I've realised I can't do CALC.MAFT properly. I don't think I read the notes clearly as my OS may not support the required PIDs so I will stick to CALC.VET. I that it you only need one method to dial in your VE & MAF tables?
    Last edited by bimbleuk; April 15th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.

STFT come into play with CL enabled and LTFT enabled (they spill onto LTFT).

STFT may also come into play by themsleves with CL enabled and LTFT disabled.

STFT may also come into play with CL disabled (see B4205) for stoich cells in B3605/B3647.

Comments on SD_CALC_VET.tun from post #1:
    - A0012, A0013: fix out-of-range values (set to max-1),
    - A0009, B0101: 105 kPa columns are different (they should be the same),
    - B3647: cells set to stoich will trim in OL regardless of B4206 (i.e. SOL trims ahead of your wideband) set to EQR 1.01 or EQR 0.99,
    - B3618: if you're running boost then this table is too lean;
    - B4001: this can't be right, it should look straighter (see FPR question below),
    - B5913, B5914: too much ignition timing for boost;

FPR question: is your FPR manifold-referenced or un-referenced...?

Same comments for SD_CALC_MAFT.tun in post #4.
    Last edited by joecar; April 16th, 2013 at 08:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast