Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanity check of my first CALC.VET log.

Is there any reason you can't enable CL/LTFT...?

Try to keep the throttle more steady and to vary it in a smooth progressive manner, this will give you better data that the transient filter will keep (and it will shorten the log time needed).

I've re-read previous posts again with a better understanding of what I doing now. So I pretty much deleted all the previous data as flawed. I could see the VE table was just getting richer so something was wrong.

I used the LS1-M6 example tune as a base to work with. I've copied over a MAF table from an 02 LS6 Corvette as I'm using an 85mm MAF. My first IFR table was copied from the Holden PCM which ran the engine but as I'm using a Corvette unreferenced FPR + 28 lb injectors in my conversion I've gone with the Corvette IFR too. Add in a straight inlet, long tube headers, no cats and an Edelbrock 80mm TB and I was expecting a fair amount of initial corrections to happen anyway.

I managed a fairly comprehensive log today and it's looking better. I remembered to modulate the TP less and a lot more data was useable after the filter (small country with lots of cars doesn't help!). I'll post some logs tomorrow if I can get another run to verify the LTFTs are significantly less than they were today!

I did notice that at low speeds the car is running hotter so there maybe some spark related issues but maybe they will be obvious when I post some data tomorrow.
    Last edited by bimbleuk; April 20th, 2013 at 02:55 AM.

Here's some data from my last two logging drive. 3.5 degC ambient helped to keep temps down anyway.

The attachments are the two logs which were filtered, smoothed and applied to the to the CALC_VET tune file (which I used for logging). The "Drive_Home" was captured after re-enabling the B0101 using the default metric PID selection. Looking at the LTFTs they appear to have reduced to single digits finally but what do the STFTs show?

CALC_VET_Tune.tun
    Drive_Home.efi
    VET_MAF_Applied_1.efi
    VET_MAF_Applied_2.efi

Here's the VE map + MAF cal. after two iterations and some smoothing applied. The MAF calibration changed a fair amount initially especially at higher freq. but hardly changed after the second log run.

Last edited by bimbleuk; April 20th, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

VE and MAF look good (but avoid smoothing VE too much)... how does vehicle drive and how does engine respond...?

I've driven 100 miles total today to an event and the cross country drive was very smooth. The actually event was a 1/8 mile drag race but the twist is you then 180 degree at the end of the course and race back to the start line. The car seemed sharper and a previous bog through 2nd/3rd was definitely better but I guess it was on PE enrichment mostly anyway. I think the previous map was very rich in that regard.

I still have a cooling issue at low speed or idle but I checked the base spark and added a bit more (copied the Holden base spark map) plus changed the table which limits the max spark retard. That didn't change anything so I'm going to look at the rad fan setup as I did make some changes before winter.

Here's a second go at the VE map after the two log runs. I used the merge spread sheet this time. Manually smoothed one ridge along the 800 RPM line, about 5 cells long. Smoothed two small dips around 5600/45 just a couple of cells each. The applied the smooth limited smooth button twice. Not actually dissimilar to the first one I reckon. I could maybe back off one smooth pass?

Cheers
    Justin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12