Thread: Torque South's black 2013 BUICK TURBO project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Torque South's black 2013 BUICK TURBO project

I have acquired a very special vehicle for my next project. It is perfect for me in more ways than I can describe, but I am just thankful to God that this exciting chapter of my life has finally begun. This model fits the theme and times very well and is a perfect follow up to our now maxed out black 2012 turbo Cruze.

So far, I have read and saved the T76, successfully scanned and logged it as well as the E39.

With my slightly outdated version, the E39 read failed - even with a special Cal. file that Ross sent me several months ago to have a try at an earlier build date Verano T. My plan is to update to the latest version on my backup tuning laptop, it should definitely work then. However I need to find out if the firmware will also need to be updated in the V2 to match - and if so, will it still work with the slightly earlier software on the primary tuning laptop. I am reluctant to upgrade until I am 100% sure that it won't interfere with the exceptionally successful Duramax work I am doing. For those of you that know what I mean...

As far as the vehicle, two thumbs and a big toe up so far. It literally mops the floor with the Acura and Audi in its class, and wait 'till the engine breaks in a little more and I put some 93 octane in it. I will update this thread with interesting developments whenever I have a chance, hopefully it will be another success story and a fun journey and learning experience for all who care.

Last edited by Boost; April 14th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado