Hello everyone! I purchased a used v1 and it has been working great. I have been chasing a misfire/backfire issue for over 2 weeks now and its driving me nuts!! I've looked at plug wires, plugs and valve springs but they all look and have tested ok. I haven't checked the lifters yet but I don't think that's the problem. The V1 I purchased came with 1 license and the original owner used this unit to upgrade to the V2. I am now thinking the ECM is defective. I can not connect with my Efilive cable and I keep getting an error that says "Efilive has detected that the PCM may not have a valid calibration" . It tries to connect and read the current tune but fails to connect on several attempts. It keeps trying and trying but ultimately says it can not connect with the ECM. I've also tried connecting with a hand held OBD2 controller and it does not connect either.

If my ECM is bad what are my options for my license? Can It be transferred to the new ECM? Would I have to purchase a whole new v2 because of the upgrade? Thanks.

Vic