Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T42 config critique

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    IJ., hope my tweaks help! If you want it to lockup under WOT that is a pretty quick and easy change, I can make the changes tomorrow (hopefully) so you can get a general idea of what's needed.

Thanks for the feedback on trans specs, if it's fully built you can run more line pressure, less TM, and faster shift times to really get a firm shift.
    Thanks Erik, if you have a look at the file I posted (002) I've incorporated all your changes and I think I've got the Lockup sorted

Lifetime Member

Spent the morning wandering around all the Threads in this section

Thought I should post my Trans is basically a Raptor 700 with the CircleD Multiplate TC, A non PWM Valve fitted along with another to help keep the TC Full, I have a TransGo HD-2 Shift kit 5 Pinion Planetaries and the new bolt up style 3/4 drum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trans8.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	14890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trans12.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	246.0 KB 
ID:	14891

Ian, what vehicle is it going into...?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ian, what vehicle is it going into...?
    It's a VZ AWD Tonner Joe

Lifetime Member

Ok tidied it up a little after some suggestions

At this point I'm more concerned that I haven't programmed in a self destruct sequence anywhere, drivability will come later when it actually drives!!
    (The syntax between Software had me wondering on a lot of settings but it's looking like I didn't get it too wrong)

Thanks for all the help guys!

Attachment 14905

Lifetime Member

Looks good, but you missed a few tables I modified that are going to really mess with your WOT upshifts and TCC lock/unlock. I looked at it again and realized I missed 2 tables as well in the 3->4 upshift area as well. I intentionally put the high values in the TCC lockup, it will really need to be determined by your particular converter. If it starts unlocking and locking when you're barely on the throttle, those cells will need to be put back to 255mph, but for now leave the values you had in there.

For your application, you could run 0 Torque Reduction if you wanted to. It is really hard on a stock trans, but yours is built so you could think about it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Thanks Erik,

Which 2 did you miss?

I wanted shift pattern B to run the engine to 6600rpm for WOT shifts is there a reason it's set back to 6200 in your file?

Attachment 14907
    Last edited by IJ.; April 22nd, 2013 at 12:40 PM.

Lifetime Member

Those were the 2 I thought I missed, apparently I didnt and you wanted them at 6600! I know the trans isnt stock, how built is the engine? I wouldnt recommend it if it's a stock engine or valvetrain, with upgraded springs/cam/pushrods and a forged bottom end you should be ok.

Do you know if you actually get into Pattern B/Performance mode? Do you have a switch? If not, the TCM is going to use the Normal pattern.

You just made the changes to the 0003 file, not the one I posted. Do a compare, there are a lot of little things your 0003 and 0004 dont have set correctly that I fixed in 0003_se22 like WOT shift speeds in both the Parameters section and in the Part Throttle shift table.

I have changed all of the shift points because right now, you have the potential that you will hit the rev limiter before shifting into higher gears. Remember you have to hit BOTH the RPM and speed values for the shift to be commanded, in Pattern B you have all of the higher TPS values ABOVE the WOT speed value. It has been my experience it *might* work, but the TCM is going to *think* for a split second instead of just shifting. Look at all of the Part Throttle shift tables, then look at the Parameters for that shift. I have the speeds set for a reason, these values need to match the Part throttle table which needs to match the WOT Parameter Enabler (which is why I have the last 2 cells for each pattern set the same, the TCM will treat 93.75% and 100% as WOT). Everything needs to match, I wish I knew why GM didnt do it but every vehicle Ive tuned has better shift feel and firmness having these all set equal.

The changes Ive made all make a difference, there IS a method to my madness I promise!
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Lifetime Member

LOL PM'd you a list

Engine will easily run to 7k, but 6600 is "safer"

Lifetime Member

Got your PM, and LOL would put it mildly...

Ill work on an updated tune tomorrow.
    ~Erik~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast