Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many tables are missing in E78

Lifetime Member

That's the thing with development - you get pulled in so many directions, and one of the real reasons we set ourselves clear development plans. And a reason why .cax files were implemented, so users who have the skills and need can deliver the result they require.

I'll take your comments on board, sometimes the economies of scale do go our way. We haven't worked on Allison for 5 or 6 years, and just this month we've had a customer find something significant and it will be added to our next release. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....!!-OS-25941752

Cheers
    Cindy

I'm still waiting for a response
    EFILive Tuner

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    Ross i update the software to the latest version but still can't see b8024 and b8025 in this OS
    They are updated and awaiting release. Ross has had to reconfigure some stuff for the E78, E39 etc, until the software supports these changes the new tables won't make it into the public arena, sorry.

Cheers
    Cindy

Its a catch 22 for EFI Live either way IMO. EFI Live has to always keep developing new parameters for new ecm's and juggle between diesel and gas. With that being said I think older ecm's and tcm's are the bread and butter for most tuners. I know myself and other gas tuners have tuned more LS1B PCM's than they can count, after that the E38/T43 would be next but catching up fast. Usually majority of my tuning is a couple years behind the current year and its the same for the other gas tuners I know. Tuned was more 2010's than 2012's, E38/T43 is like the ls1b was a few years ago. Even though e38. and t43 are "old" to efi live they are very current for a lot of tuners still. The competition is still coming out with more and more updates for e38 and t43 with every update. They just added "New E38 and E67 Parameters for Idle, Spark, Fuel and ETC" and "T43 TCM's Receive 150+ Tables Including TM & TCC Lockup Tables" I'm not bashing EFI by any means but obviously there has to be some need/demand for e38/t43 out there still. I just used e38/t43 as an example because thats what I see alot of. Thats just my perspective from someone who has been in the gas tuning world for a long time. Im sure there are people on the other forum wanting more duramax support, its never ending Im sure.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I was not looking for excuses. As always a great defense to your business model, but not much support for the tuner. People buy the best and expect it, most have no idea what's missing.

I wish it was only the Vortec... although you could have opened a huge Vortec market with work I gave you for free. The internet can change fast from knowing a product is not worth it to the best! There will always be more Vortec trucks that want to be tuned then a cruz. I have 8 year old software that has double parameters for Vortec and then another 20-30 I added. It's not that hard... I'll admit I did expect so much more from the best, instead I still have to do the hard work...

Just trying to open your eyes to the world outside your business model, I'd like to see you do well into the future, which includes improving the past. As always was meant for positive improvements to your product.
    Not trying to be a dick here at all, but why not just release your .cax files into the wild? If EFILive adds them into the existing .calz's, they'll be publicly used/public knowledge. If you release them as a .cax, they'll be publicly used/public knowledge. See where I'm going here.

minytrker (Lorenz correct?), I agree with you here. I havent done many LS1Bs, but E40 and E67s (so 06 - ~10) are what I usually get. Especially with 5 year warranties, its either the diehard gearheads that want their stuff tuned now or the 2nd/3rd owners of ~5-8 year old stuff tuned.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I have a customer that put a cam in a 2013 6.0 chevy hd truck e78 I do not have idle tables and idle spark tables could add these tables

Any updates for the tables i asked about ?
    EFILive Tuner

Lifetime Member

Ross has mapped them, but there are other changes that need to be facilitated at the same time. Those structural changes are progressing through the queue.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by dgdyno View Post
    I have a customer that put a cam in a 2013 6.0 chevy hd truck e78 I do not have idle tables and idle spark tables could add these tables
    These would help. Its very frustrating tuning a E78 truck vs E38 truck.

The E78 updates don't have comprehensive idle table changes, just that stuff wesam was asking about.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast