Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Cummins support

Default Any Cummins support

I have an 05 Dodge w/Cummins diesel. Any chance EFI Live will work for this application? If/when I buy it I plan on mainly using on my turbo LS1
    Last edited by 80superbu; March 25th, 2006 at 01:34 PM.

I'm sure Ross will answer and correct me if I am wrong but they have stated they have no plans on supporting the Bosch computer at this time. The '06 Duramax's use the Bosch computer system as does Dodge I beleive.

Hmmm, that stinks. I'm really surprised though cause there is a huge a growing market for it. Guess I'll have to stick with my original idea by going with the TST box for it. Now I just need to find a second vehicle I can tune with the extra license

No plans to do Dodge, to be honest I would not even know what ECM they use. Most gas Dodge ECM's are made by Motorola!.
    There is handhelds for these already right?, it will only be a matter of time before someone does a PC editor for them.........or, soon as they might say.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Buy a REAL truck and you won't have that problem
    2005 Silverado Duramax LLY - EFI Live Tuned
    1969 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup - Turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E - EFI Live Tuned
    1975 Avenger Jet Boat - 6.0L/Berkley pump - EFI Live tune in progress

I looked at chevy but they were too ugly

Quote Originally Posted by 80superbu
    I looked at chevy but they were too ugly
    What about GMC?

I actually didin't care for the interior on any of the GM's plus the Cummins has more power than any of the Duramaxes. I've got 14k on it now and I'm getting 22-23mpg highway. I've yet to hear of a Duramax getting that

Quote Originally Posted by 80superbu
    I actually didin't care for the interior on any of the GM's plus the Cummins has more power than any of the Duramaxes. I've got 14k on it now and I'm getting 22-23mpg highway. I've yet to hear of a Duramax getting that
    Oddly enough, one of the major complaints on the Dodge Cummins sites is poor fuel economy on the latest common rail engines. Congrats! You apparently got a special one. The manual trans Dmaxes have reported similiar mileage to yours in unladen freeway trim on stock tires, but more realistically, 19mpg hwy with the automatics is fairly common.

As far as a stock Cummins having more power than the Dmax? Drive an 06 Dmax and get back with us.

Back to the subject, you will need to talk to the Dodge guys about getting programming ability. The Fords have the SCT, and the Dmaxes now have EFILive, I'm sure someone in the Dodge inner circles is working on it.

Good luck!
    2005/2007 DHRA Western Drag Champion
    Bonneville A/DT & B/DT Land Speed Record Holder, 197mph best speed.

Casper - 05 GMC 2500 Dmax LLY 10.59 @ 129, 916rwhp
    Big Blue - 04.5 GMC 3500SRW LLY 13.12 @ 104, 502rwhp sled puller
    Wendy - 06 GMC 2500 LBZ 12.50 @ 107.5 First LBZ into the 12's. 542rwhp.
    Blue Meanie - 02 Z06 11.40 @ 121 AFR H/C

I saw an advertisement for HPtuner stating they have tuning software available for Mopars, not sure if that includes the Cummins. I also heard SCT is working on Mopar tuning software.
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast