Thread: E38 Conversion questions.

Default E38 Conversion questions.

I am looking at picking up an l76 with 6l80, harness, computers, etc..
    I have a 2002 trans am and i would like some answers.

First, what is the serial data protocol, is it compatible with the cluster and bcm in the F car. (If i even need that data for the cluster and BCM to work, specific information is hard to find)

If not is there any very detailed information on it since i can read it into an arduino or something and tell the f car whatever i want.
    I would be a royal pain, but could be worth it and im a fairly decent programmer.

Next does it have to remain BDW or can i pin in a TPS and IAC and use my cable with my current cruise control/traction control motor.

ANY information would be helpful. I know i'm in for a lot of work, but i always like building things that look and work as if they were factory.

Upon much more searching i found this, http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ap-help-needed

Does the serial data from the E67 just immediately tell the rest of my car what it needs?

Is the protocol for the serial in the e67 the same as the ls1b? Can i swap to an e67 as suggested in this post?
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ap-help-needed

Lifetime Member

Im going to bet that the easiest thing to do would be to run the E38/T43 completely standalone in your car. Use the E38 outputs to feed the original LS1 PCM which can drive the cluster/BCM/etc.

If you want to use an E38/T43, it MUST be DBW. There are no DBC E38s, the only DBC Gen IV is the GMPP crate E67.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Im going to bet that the easiest thing to do would be to run the E38/T43 completely standalone in your car. Use the E38 outputs to feed the original LS1 PCM which can drive the cluster/BCM/etc.

If you want to use an E38/T43, it MUST be DBW. There are no DBC E38s, the only DBC Gen IV is the GMPP crate E67.
    I posted a link to this, but mods apparently haven't approved them yet, since im a newb on the board and it doesn't want me posting links.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ap-help-needed

can i just use the E67 and T43 out of a CTS-V?
    I have no problem going with DBW, my traction control is always off anyhow.
    Do you know if the ABS depends on any ECM signals?