Thread: 2012 GS A6 Cammed brake tq management at idle with TC on, how to eliminate please?

Default 2012 GS A6 Cammed brake tq management at idle with TC on, how to eliminate please?

Hi guys,
    I have a 2012 Grand Sport Vette that runs/idles great with the traction control off but as soon as I turn it on the timing drops to zero and it runs like crap.

I have lowered idle way down to below where I would want it, even to stock, but it's no help. Any idea's?

Thanks in advance.

I am having the same issue... Did you resolve this?

W~

Lifetime Member

Please post both the ECM and TCM tune ... will take a look ... never have to deal with traction control in a custom vehicle.

Here is the ECM and TCM files along with a data log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

OK ... is this engine actually in a 2011 Camaro ? It is far from stock - and has been equipped with forced induction. Is your condition the same as the original poster - it idles fine if you push the traction control system (TCS) button to disable the system ?

It looks like you have tried to disable the TCS - have you tried raising B2510 and B2511 to well above your desired idle speeds ?

EDIT: also, have you tried setting B2505 to near the maximum ?
    Last edited by Taz; February 6th, 2014 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    OK ... is this engine actually in a 2011 Camaro ? It is far from stock - and has been equipped with forced induction. Is your condition the same as the original poster - it idles fine if you push the traction control system (TCS) button to disable the system ?

It looks like you have tried to disable the TCS - have you tried raising B2510 and B2511 to well above your desired idle speeds ?

EDIT: also, have you tried setting B2505 to near the maximum ?
    Taz,

It is 417ci supercharged engine. I can get a nice stable idle in park or neutral, but when I shift into any gear ie R/D the timing does this strange plateau looking blip in the data log and when it is doing this if I press the traction control switch in the car turning it off the timing still makes crazy corrections but they are smoother transisitions in and out. I have the timing corrections all at zero so I can't for the life of me see what is causing it to pull timing?

W~