Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CALC.PIDs

Default CALC.PIDs

Is there a way to down load the calc. PIDs? I'm running serial WB and none of the PID files are set that way just analog.I have tried to make them can't figger that out. I want to run AutoVE and Calc.VE before I cook my motor.

See here: A-New-Twist-on-CALC-VE-Table-Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table

[ copy the calc_pids.txt file contained in post #1 of that thread to My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration on your PC/laptop ]

I suggest doing Calc.VET first and see how you go from there.

OK first I'm not a computer person they hate me. Im thinking EFIlive is going to be a waste for me as I'm getting worse at it.I did what you said now I have a text file what do I do with that? If I get rid of Serial WB and go to Analog can I just use the AutoVE PID list?

Did you copy that file to that folder...?

Then read the thread I pointed you to... then start the scantool and follow along int that thread.

Don't get rid of serial wideband... wherever AutoVE says "BEN" (analog) you substitute "WO2BEN" (serial) from the Calc.VET thread.

Have you tried doing Calc.VET first...? Try reading thru the Calc.VET thread and follow along in the scantool (like a dry run)...

you probably should read the scantool user manual pdf (Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Documents->Scantool User Manual).

What year/model/vehicle do you have...?

What is your intention with regards to tuning it...?

Its a 97 k3500 dulley 7.4Vortec 30 over,Comp Cams Roller Cam and rockers,Gibson shorty headfers,3.5" exhaust,Merc.MPI intake with2.3 Whipple Blower with intercooler,0411 PCM,Innovate MTX-L AFR. Started with a mail order tune ran but not well.Got a local tuner to work on it got much better but it still needs alot of work. I'm trying to learn and go slow but I need EFI for dumasses. I've been trying to get these PIDs to work for over a week.

This is a great forum with a great product and souport. I just need to get out of the stone age of carbs and points and try and learn this stuff.

OK after 2 days of banging my head on the wallI have finely got the PIDs from the new calc_vet Tutorial.in. Did a log and it appears that CAL.VEN "Calculated VE,Not corrected" is not loging anything. Is there a fix for this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi COONDOG,

Give this a try:

Open your log and look at the PIDS tab. You'll see that CALC.VEN has a red X though it.
    Right click on it and select 'More Info'. The popup box tells you that CALC.VEN is not available because CALC.DAT.K is not selected.
    Close the pop-up box, and find CALC.DAT (I do this by ordering the PID list by the Parameter column.
    CALC.DAT will be greyed out; Double click CALC.DAT to include it.

Quote Originally Posted by darcy View Post
    Hi COONDOG,

Give this a try:

Open your log and look at the PIDS tab. You'll see that CALC.VEN has a red X though it.
    Right click on it and select 'More Info'. The popup box tells you that CALC.VEN is not available because CALC.DAT.K is not selected.
    Close the pop-up box, and find CALC.DAT (I do this by ordering the PID list by the Parameter column.
    CALC.DAT will be greyed out; Double click CALC.DAT to include it.
    I'm glad a read this, otherwise I would have gotten bitten by the same thing. Is this CALC.DAT actually missing in the two tutorials I have been using, and I just overlooked it?

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast