Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standalone tune for a first timer

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPedal View Post
    So you are going to run an atlas? Are you going to put the speed sender in the tail housing? If so don't worry about the low range switch.

Ill mod the tune some more with the tire size and gears you gave but I need to know what speed sender you plan on running and where it is. If you are running the AA atlas with the gm sender it will be 40 tooth.
    Yes I am running an Atlas, but this unit was used so it has a gear drive that is why I have to run the dakota digital signal generator on the tailhousing of the Atlas.

Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard73 View Post
    Ah ha! I just saw where you turned off the MIL parameters for the Rear O2's and a bunch of others in C6001 and C6002, those all make sense to me. I can see how this is a learning curve, I played with the Accel Gen7 DFI years ago on a crazy custom 454 small block chevy I built so a good bit of this is familiar, just gotta get my head wrapped back around it!

I am just gonna throw this out there I may need to start a new thread to get the advice I need cause this one is weird.... I would like to have a high idle circuit to assist me when crawling to give me about 1100 rpm I saw where there is a PTO parameter, I guess somehow I could make that work, gonna dig around a bit more!
    Just us the AC wire for high idle. Set your idle higher when the PCM sees ac request.

Here is correct speedo for your setup and high AC signal idle.

5.3stockbackup_0001.tun

Where your speed sender is you don't need the low range switch. The speedo is seeing the final drive shaft rotations the same in low and high range. Also take a look at the way I tuned the speedo and see if you can figure out why I did it that way.

Everything makes sense based on tire size and gear ratio I can see where you got the driveshaft revs per mile the change in Pulse per Mile, the change of the diff ratio to 1.67 has me puzzled.

Do you happen to know if the pin for AC request get a ground or 12v+

For what you are doing we are not worried about torque calculation. If you use the speedo calculator this is the ratio it takes to get the 8000 pulse. I like to leave these numbers as they come out of the calculator just in case the PCM uses any or all for other calculations. That way they all calculate to the same thing not matter which way they are being looked at. I could be wrong but doing it this way I have never had an issue.

Off the top of m head I dont know about the AC request. I'm sure LT1swap would have it listed.

Last thing and I will leave you be :-) do I need to do anything else to the file to disable the transmission controls? I am going to get this flashed and do a quick and dirty wiring job to my chassis to see if this will fire up before I close all the looms up. Thank you so much for your help, I have learned a ton in a short time!

Ill check but I'm pretty sure I got it all.

May be of interest.
    http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull/bull64.pdf

Here is a PTO and Fast Idle document for teh HD trucks. You use the cruise control stalk to adjust idle rpms.

http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull/bull53.pdf

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12