Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not a good reflash think its bricked

Default not a good reflash think its bricked

hey all so got the v2 scanner and had dsp5 tunes done by rob i know they will be awesume cant wait to data log & play so went to do a full flash on my ecm and thats went it all went south it started the procedure and erased the ecm and started the write all of the sudden stopped with an error code ( script exited with code $0385 general programming failure $85 ) would not finish humm so had to shut it down atempted again same thing so today after reading searching and still cant find code definitions i started to rule out all possibles pulled ecm fuses to reset ecm pulled radio fuse info fuse abs fuse just to take it out of the picture unhooked trailer brake controller from factory plug & play unhooked remote start system disconnected batteries several times in between attempts of reflashing about four times every time it comes back to the same code error and stops uninstalled software on laptop reinstalled same thing using win7 installed software on other laptop running win xp same damn thing running most current software and all other software up to date including bootloader & firmware etc. tryed to communicate with my verus scanner will not and of coarse no start will be getting a replacement ecm to attemp a reload just wondering if anyone has had this happen

If I recall this problem can happen if you try to program when the Ignition switch is not on all the way.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

im sure it was on all the way security light on dash reset the usual just a wierd thing i guess just read about trying a cal flash with the stock files which i did not try only tried full flashes so going to try that and will report back hope i can save this module good thing its my own and not a customers of mine lol anychance on recovering it back?

No need to replace the ECM yet as you can still communicate with it.
    Do you have a stock tune you could try to get in there?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

just the read file that i originally saved to send to rob which is the the stock tune im assuming so i just tried hooking up the batteries and fired up the laptop and tried a cal flash with the stock file same thing this is what is says ( scripted loaded scripted verified unlocking: trying mgf key checking data file erasing:wait please: wait then script exited with code $0385 : general programming failure ($85) and it stops

Try programming it in both V7.5 and also V8.

how do i go about flashing in 7.5 will do some reading on it thanks for the insite i hope i can recover this module

You need to do a full flash with the stock tune. A cal only will not over write a full flash.

ya tried the stock tune also first after the failed dsp5 tune using v8 before a cal flash but did not try ver 7.5 flash like gmpx said just v8 only will try 7.5 full flash in the morning see if it takes thanks for the input c.u

well tried full flash 7.5 same issue will not take it I have an aftermarket stereo module that provides functions like key In ign bing stereo off with door opening etc. pretty standard with aftermarket decks already pulled radio fuse but im going to remove this as well and try again its got to be chatter on the can line or something weird.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast