Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Release: Apr 23, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5 View Post
    I just updated to the latest V7 & V8 software. The v7 opens fine, but I get two error messages when I open EFI Scan & Tune or EFI Explorer. If I click the okay button the program opens, I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling and then reinstalling, but always get the same error messages.
    I did a fresh install after clearing the Registry and still have the same problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	14955   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	14956  

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Now I will explain the best I can about what happened.

I was trying to read the file off the Allison (AL5) with the V2 (BBX) and the first time I tried it was trying the MFG key and it got a $0322 code. Did the 30 shut down. And tried again. This time it made it to the bootloader and $0322. Tried 2 more times. Same thing. Waited the 30 seconds. Unplugged the V2, waited 30 seconds or so and plugged it back in. Went to try and read the file one more time and got the message for not having a options.txt file... everything on the V2 was erased.... sd card... everyting. all my saved tunes, logs, config files...

I keep a backup of everything just in case something like this happened...because at the moment I don't have the luxury of being to have a laptop with me wherever i go so I use the v2 BBX for 75% of my tuning and logging. But what would cause that? Ive read the AL5 tune several times before... I know it may be a stupid mistake somehow on my side... but i'd just like to understand cause its super frustrating when everything gets wiped like that and not being able to log or anything.

bootblock: 2.07.04
    Firmware: 2.07.39
    Try this: in V8 S&T, goto BBx, click Read, Click Save, click Program All.

Lifetime Member

subd
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5 View Post
    I did a fresh install after clearing the Registry and still have the same problem.
    It is most likely that the KERNEL32.dll that EFILive is expecting to be installed on your system is the wrong version. That could happen if you have install some other package that uninstalls/reinstalls that KERNEL32.dll file. EFILive does not uninstall or reinstall that file so uninstalling/reinstalling EFILive will not help.

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled any software (other than EFILive) recently? Maybe that package caused a problem with KERNEL32.dll.

For reference, the KERNEL32.dll file on my Windows 7 system that EFILive uses is 6.1.7601.18015, the date on the file is Nov 30 2012 5:54pm:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kernel32.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	14961

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

I randomly tried BBX'ing a T42 without a vehicle connected and it instantly appears to go through successfully. I.e. no Error $0281 message like the E67s and P10s do when you try this. Latest software, firmware, files on V2.

E67: Errors correctly on Cal flash, does not error on a Full flash.
    P10: Errors correctly on Cal flash (no full flash available).
    T42: Does not error on either cal or full flash.

I dont know if it can be changed, but in a situation like this with no vehicle connected is it necessary to have the V2 go through it's 15 second (or whatever the correct timer for that particular controller is) countdown?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Auto-unlocking E38 controllers (that have previously been auto-locked) fails with error $0322. Workaround: set the auto-lock flag in the file being flashed when flashing an E38 controller that is already auto-locked. That will prevent the reflash process from attempting to auto-unlock the E38 controller. Unfortunately, that also means you cannot auto-unlock an E38 controller until the problem is resolved in the next update.

Any time frame on the fix yet ?
    2011 VE SSV 419 + CAM + Whipple 2.9FF SC + PPV front struts + Bilstein rear shocks + 6L90E with single piece carbon fiber prop

Quote Originally Posted by izaks View Post
    Auto-unlocking E38 controllers (that have previously been auto-locked) fails with error $0322. Workaround: set the auto-lock flag in the file being flashed when flashing an E38 controller that is already auto-locked. That will prevent the reflash process from attempting to auto-unlock the E38 controller. Unfortunately, that also means you cannot auto-unlock an E38 controller until the problem is resolved in the next update.

Any time frame on the fix yet ?
    The next update (including the fix for that) is scheduled for this week.
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I randomly tried BBX'ing a T42 without a vehicle connected and it instantly appears to go through successfully. I.e. no Error $0281 message like the E67s and P10s do when you try this. Latest software, firmware, files on V2.

I dont know if it can be changed, but in a situation like this with no vehicle connected is it necessary to have the V2 go through it's 15 second (or whatever the correct timer for that particular controller is) countdown?
    Thanks for the feedback. The "no vehicle connected" option is not part of the testing that the software went through. An oversight that is being corrected now...
    If nothing is connected then there is no need for the countdown, so it can be bypassed (for now, just press Cancel to bypass it).

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post

I just tested BBF (full and cal) for both E67 and T42 with no controllers connected and with an E38 controller connected.

With no controller connected both E67 and T42 cal and full flash attempts correctly reported $0281 error.
    With the E38 connected the T42 correctly reported $0281 and the E67 correctly reported "controller locked with custom key".

Maybe I'm not testing with the same config as you. How exactly did you get the T42 and E67 to report no errors when no controller was connected?

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The next update (including the fix for that) is scheduled for this week.
    Regards
    Paul
    Thanks very much
    2011 VE SSV 419 + CAM + Whipple 2.9FF SC + PPV front struts + Bilstein rear shocks + 6L90E with single piece carbon fiber prop

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast