Thread: High Idle Switch for Drive by Wire 5.3

Lightbulb High Idle Switch for Drive by Wire 5.3

I am finishing up a rockcrawler build using a 05 DBW 5.3 and am looking for a way to raise the idle to ease driving with the manual transmission. I started a thread yesterday getting some tuning advice and SkinnyPedal fixed me up, I posted a question and SP had the suggestion of using the AC request pin to up the idle speed and another user HOG posted information about the high idle settings used on the DMax's and 8.1's for PTO applications.. I repinned my Dmax ECM to allow me to use this function but it doesn't seem to be available for the smaller gas motors...

I have done some digging and it seems the pin 43 on Green PCM connector is a ground OUT to engage the AC compressor based on data received from the BCM and the AC pressure signal so it seems this is a no go also. Any other suggestions? Could I add a variable resistor or something between the Throttle pedal and the TAC module to make the PCM think the pedal is being pressed giving me a form of hand controlled throttle?

Ideas ??

you should be able to you would need to reproduce the 0-5 v and 5-0 v as that is what the throttle pedal puts out
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

I did some digging and it looks like its a triple redundant system.... I guess I will just rig a throttle cable to physically move the pedal to keep it simple...
    Always thinking outside the box.....

Don't know if it's in your budget range but ORE sells a plug & play adjustable high idle kit for the DBW GM gassers. http://www.offroadengineering.com/product-gmsuv.html

Thanks Mike, I will check into it just to see the price, scares me that they don't post it up!
    Always thinking outside the box.....

Lifetime Member

Could you use the AC request pin?