Thread: E40 ECM - BCM Communications Gauges

Default E40 ECM - BCM Communications Gauges

For a transplant of a 2006 GTO LS2 E40 into a 2006 Pontiac Solstice which has a BCM that drives all the gauges, what can be done to get the BCM to get the data from the E40 ECM? I am assuming the GM LAN (CAN) should be passing the data to the BCM. The Soltice ECM must have been doing that. Can the E40 be told to do the same?

I am tryin to do the same, but my issue is i have a class 2 communications tryin to talk with canbus.

I am lookin to options to separate the engine from the bcm, but like you i need the cluster to work and if possible abs, tcs, ac, and other bells and whistles i have
    American Muscle, European Design, Japanese Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    I am tryin to do the same, but my issue is i have a class 2 communications tryin to talk with canbus.

I am lookin to options to separate the engine from the bcm, but like you i need the cluster to work and if possible abs, tcs, ac, and other bells and whistles i have
    I got lucky in my application. The BCM in communication with the E40 is able to update the gauges for all but the fuel gauge. The fuel gauge is not working so I am assuming the E40 codes up the level different than what the BCM is expecting. I find it very frustrating that EFILive looks at very few parameters that exist in the E40. Way too expensive for what is delivered.