Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFI Live 2 step function

Default EFI Live 2 step function

I didn't realize until yesterday that there was a 2 step function on this program. Anyone here that uses it? I haven't bought EFI Live yet but I think this just saved me some money on a 2 step controller and/ or a transbrake.
    Is it used just like an aftermarket controller and how would this work if I also drive the car on the street? would I have to go back in a turn it off..I guess?

Thanks

Problem is, it uses the factory fuel cut routine, not spark cut, so no staging duels as it leans out pretty bad.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Well the people from racelogic cut fuel.. not spark...
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Mmm, a WBO2 shows it goes pretty lean, I don't know enough about the different limiter strategies to know if what you see on the WBO2 is really the situation for 'each' cylinder.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

If you cut fuel to a cylinder wouldn't the wideband show lean because that cylinder is just pumping air into the exhaust? The cylinder the fuel is cut to is not actually firing even though it still has spark right, just got air in it?

Seems to me the wideband showing lean would be normal for a fuel cut 2 step.

I would actually think that the fuel cut would be preferable to an ignition cut, since the ignition cut would put raw fuel in the cats. Am I wrong about that ? I would think you might have a problem with COT with an ignition cut, shouldn't be a problem with a fuel cut.

Where exactly is the 2-step in Live, I didn't know it was there, and I could use it !

Lifetime Member

Yep, an ignition cut should not be run on a car with cats. There is a video somewhere that I'll have to find showing what happens to cats with an ignition cut 2 step.

Bringing this one back to life, how do you set up this two step. Is it done using the rev limiter setting for "Not in gear" on a six speed ?

ttt

Quote Originally Posted by Extinct
    Bringing this one back to life, how do you set up this two step. Is it done using the rev limiter setting for "Not in gear" on a six speed ?
    You use a custom OS like number 3, then go to B3324, B3325 and set the rpm ranges, and go to A0011 and set it for Valet Mode/Two Step. From there, wire a switch to the pcm connecter number 56, and the other side to ground. Flip the switch and it enables the two step.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast