Thread: Clearing Codes

Default Clearing Codes

I had some codes come up a month or so ago and tried clearing them a few weeks ago with my v2 with no such luck.

I honestly haven't had time to even look into what they are other than the skim key (0633) code. Anyone had experience with this?
    Also anyone know why I can just clear the codes? Thanks for any help.
    2007 5.9 SBT & ATP Tuning

Default Clearing Codes

You have two things going on. First you are going to have to go to the dealer (or someone with dealer level diagnostic equipment) and they are going to have to reinstall the VIN back into the WCM (Wireless Control Module). It looks like you must have tried to start the truck with the wrong VIN in the PCM. Second you have something going on with your MAP sensor (which also houses the IAT[ Intake Air Temperature] sensor). Either it's bad, unplugged, or make sure you don't have something else piggybacked into it.

Ah alright. The IAT was my fault, I put my summer intake on(no box), thank you for the response. I have ran this intake for 2 years before with the IAT unplugged and no problem, if it doesn't hurt anything, I don't mind the code I guess. So any idea why they won't clear and get the CEL off my dash? I've had the 0633 before and just cleared it with no problem.
    Last edited by cmcz450; April 27th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Also, I am positive the VIN # has been correct with every flash.

Default Clearing Codes

You still need to go to the dealer and get the WCM taken care of before that code will go away for good. And it's not the air temperature sensor in the air filter that's setting the other codes. It's the sensor in the intake manifold in between the fuel injector lines. Small black straight plug with 5 wires in it. 3 wires are for the MAP and 2 wires are for the IAT.

The skim key code is not a prob. wont hurt any thing . as for clearing codes have you tryed clearing them with commputor hooked to v2 and clear them though laptop . I noticed some times the v2 do not clear them for some reason but have not had prob. doing with laptop hooked to it .try cycling key after you clear. hope this helps
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

I always use my laptop when I flash or clear codes. I am going to just start fresh and get it flashed.