Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which IFR calibration to use - Corvette LS6 or Bosch 28.8 ' 58 PSI

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I thought the injectors used on the Z06/LS6 were rated to flow 28.8 lb/hr at 58 psi...?

28.8 lb/hr * 0.126 = 3.63 g/s
    Exactly the impression I was under but my measurements today verify the Bosch figures exactly as quoted on quite a few websites! I can only come to the conclusion that the injectors were revised at some point but retained the same GM/Bosch part number. Very hard to argue with real data. Not sure what to expect when I go for another logging run now

Bosch: 00 280 155 931
    28.55 lbs/hr @ 43.5 PSI (or 300cc / min)

One thing I have noticed in last my log was that the LTFT's were mostly minus when logging (VE disabled, MAF enabled) but after applying the correction to the VE table they then became mostly positive (VE enabled, MAF enabled). So something was going on and I'm still learning what to look for.

Hmmm, interesting.

Post log file, and screenshots of your maps.

I won't be able to post my VE pic for a bit but the two relevant logs are already posted earlier in the thead.

#6 - Log_2407.efi (taken after two previous CALC.VET captures)

#1 - Drive_Home_2704.efi (metric PID, log taken after applying the CALC.VET above)

<EDIT - I've attached my current B0101>

This map is from 3 log runs. Unlike my first efforts I don't use the smooth tool on the whole map just some small areas. I tend to just manually reduce spikes n dips now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MainVE_2704.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	298.1 KB 
ID:	14960
    Last edited by bimbleuk; May 3rd, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Hi

Just to add the more I look at the info for the GM 12561462 injectors the more convinced I am that the LS6 engines did indeed have a 28.8 lbs/hr @ 58 PSI injectors from say '01 - '03. Then maybe from '04 onwards when Holden were carrying on the LS1 in the Monaro's they used an uprated injector from Bosch but with the same GM part number on them (mine have that number on them). Here's some flow data from an LS6 injector (931) with an LS1 (890) injector for comparison. Dated from '05 but the injectors were from a second hand pullout motor in the US.

Also to back this up if you look at the Holden IFR in post #6 ignoring the somewhat odd shape of the slope, the injector values go up to 4.6 g/s which is 14% above the LS6 injectors.

Name:	LS1_Injector_Flow_Comparison.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	14959

I've made two log runs today. First was to get enough data to correct the MAF table. Unsurprisingly after increasing my IFR table to match my actual injector flow rate the MAF table corrected by +12-13% across the cells I was able to hit. I then uploaded that calibration back to the PCM and did another fairly comprehensive run.

I used the VET corrections from both runs to change my old VE (B0101) table and realised it was changing quite drastically so had to fudge about 30% of the table. Mostly the high load cells so they won't be hit very often (until I get on a dyno in the next couple of weeks). I then made another short log with everything re-enabled just doing some driving and straight away the LTFT corrections are very low, actually mostly below 3% already despite my rough table. Much better than before with the LS6 IFR injector data which used to consistently idle with a +14% correction despite doing the RAFIG etc.

Maybe worth a sticky thread just to warn or clarify this observation?

Quote Originally Posted by bimbleuk View Post
    I've made two log runs today. First was to get enough data to correct the MAF table. Unsurprisingly after increasing my IFR table to match my actual injector flow rate the MAF table corrected by +12-13% across the cells I was able to hit. I then uploaded that calibration back to the PCM and did another fairly comprehensive run.

I used the VET corrections from both runs to change my old VE (B0101) table and realised it was changing quite drastically so had to fudge about 30% of the table. Mostly the high load cells so they won't be hit very often (until I get on a dyno in the next couple of weeks). I then made another short log with everything re-enabled just doing some driving and straight away the LTFT corrections are very low, actually mostly below 3% already despite my rough table. Much better than before with the LS6 IFR injector data which used to consistently idle with a +14% correction despite doing the RAFIG etc.

Maybe worth a sticky thread just to warn or clarify this observation?
    Good deal... it clearly shows that a correct IFR table allows MAF/VE and LTFT's to fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by bimbleuk View Post
    Hi

Just to add the more I look at the info for the GM 12561462 injectors the more convinced I am that the LS6 engines did indeed have a 28.8 lbs/hr @ 58 PSI injectors from say '01 - '03. Then maybe from '04 onwards when Holden were carrying on the LS1 in the Monaro's they used an uprated injector from Bosch but with the same GM part number on them (mine have that number on them). Here's some flow data from an LS6 injector (931) with an LS1 (890) injector for comparison. Dated from '05 but the injectors were from a second hand pullout motor in the US.

Also to back this up if you look at the Holden IFR in post #6 ignoring the somewhat odd shape of the slope, the injector values go up to 4.6 g/s which is 14% above the LS6 injectors.

Name:	LS1_Injector_Flow_Comparison.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	14959
    Hmmm, interesting, 2 injectors, with 2 different flowrates, using same GM part number.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hmmm, interesting, 2 injectors, with 2 different flowrates, using same GM part number.
    I realize this is old, but am I missing something? Fact: LS1 and LS6 used the same injector but different FPRs for different IFRs. Would this tidbit have alleviated all the confusion in here? Or was it already pointed out and I missed it?
    1998 GMC Sierra K1500 5.7/4L80E, longtubes, 411 w/COS 5, marine cam/intake, Whipple. 91 octane at 6000'.
    1997 GMC Sierra K3500 7.4/4L80E, 411 w/COS 3, Whipple, small cam.
    2004 Corvette Z06 with longtubes.

I thought LS6/Z06 used 58 psi rail pressure with filter style FPR at the rear (outside the tanks)...?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast