Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for mild heads/cam base tune 1999 LS1

I'm following a similar path to you but I was also very new to tuning in general and EFI Live. So I've left my LS1 almost standard apart from the breathing is improved via an OTR filter and full exhaust system, no cats, Edelbrock 80mm TB plus an LS2 85mm MAF. I have a 222/224 112 cam kit waiting after I've gained some experience.

I've used the "LS1-M6 Base Tune.tun" file attached to the top of the thread below. Not a custom OS (you could copy the values over to a custom OS where applicable) but it contains most of the recommended calibrations in various tutorials on here. I then modified it a bit using the MAF values from an '02 Corvette LS6 tune (tunefiledepot.com) for example as they have an 85mm MAF similar to mine. That'll only get you started as any mods will change quite a few of the calibration tables.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ips-amp-Tricks

I'm using an MTX-L Innovate gauge/WBO2 not too dissimilar to the LM2 and have managed 3 good logging runs. The MAF table changed a lot after the first log using the CALC.VET method but the subsequent two runs have been in single percent changes. The VE table changes quite a bit also but as it's being created using CALC.VET it isn't surprising. Anyway I'm using the MAF to start as it's a very quick tool to get a useable VE table created which you could then use for your SD tuning. Though of course removing the MAF physically will then change your tune but it should be a lot closer by then.
    Last edited by bimbleuk; May 1st, 2013 at 05:47 AM.

CALC.VET is sensative to CALC.DAT correctly modelling the dynamic air temperature.

The whole idea behind Calc.VET and Calc.MAFT was to get a reasonably good tune very quickly with minimal tune setup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123