Thread: Issues with ECM, TIPM, and ABS reflash at dealer...

Default Issues with ECM, TIPM, and ABS reflash at dealer...

I am having some issues with my truck as far as having to go the the dealer to get the TIPM and ABS module flashed. The other day I was trying to track down an injector rattle/ticking, so i wanted to flash in an old stock tune to see if that effected it at all. Well the first one I flashed in was the wrong one (my mistake) it was a stock federal file that Zach at Starlite sent me awhile back which did not have the vin changed yet... so it started up and died right after. I had realized what happend and then when and found the actual original tune that came out of my truck and flashed that in and it started fine but had the ABS, Brake, and air bag lights on (Im thinking that my original stock file that I flashed in caused the issues because I had ran multiple different programmers before EFI Live, including a bullydog....). Zach told me I would need to go to the dealer to get a reflash so thats what i did. They reflashed the ECM and the TIPM but it would not let them reflash the ABS module for some reason (reflashing the TIPM did get rid of the codes showing up for that). We tried disconnecting the ABS module and the reconnecting it with no luck. I also tried driving the truck for 2 separate trips of over 8 miles each but that did not help either. All the lights are still on in the dash and its showing ABS C2206 Configuration Mismatch. Im not sure where to go from here... If anyone can give some advise I would appreciate it. Thanks
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

anyone got any ideas?? I dont know where to go from here other than buying a whole new abs module which would then prompt the dealership scanner to flash and configure the new module. I dont understand why it wont let us reflash my current one with the same flash that it has... It let us reflash the ECM with the same updated flash that it already had... and flash the TIPM because it showed that it had some errors and needed to be flashed... just dont know what to do about this dam abs module... everything Ive read on the forums says just have the dealer reflash the ECM, ABS, and TIPM like its no big deal...
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

Default Re: Issues with ECM, TIPM, and ABS reflash at dealer...

It generally is no big deal to get modules dealer flashed. Maybe try another dealer. I know our local dealer wont flash diesel trucks unless a particular person does it. Not all the techs know their way around the diesels.

Lifetime Member

I've just responded to your PM. I'm going to guess that process the dealer followed wasn't quite right. Your the first person to have residual issues of an ABS code after a dealer visit from what I can tell.

You may find the information in this thread some assistance. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....arts-then-dies

Cheers
    Cindy

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am still having the issue without any luck at the moment. I know my local dealership uses the wi tech scanner and still cant seem to get the abs module flashed. It let us configure it, but not flash it. Is the older starscan scanner that some other dealerships have any different? maybe that is an option. Either that or getting a new abs module....

Quote Originally Posted by mattyfz450 View Post
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I am still having the issue without any luck at the moment. I know my local dealership uses the wi tech scanner and still cant seem to get the abs module flashed. It let us configure it, but not flash it. Is the older starscan scanner that some other dealerships have any different? maybe that is an option. Either that or getting a new abs module....
    Specifically what dtcs does it have?? I'm a Chrysler tech I'll try to help you out..

I deal with the configuration mismatch every time we flash or mess with any abs mode at work..
    On a truck of your age , I'd have them use star scan because the makers of wi tech are stripping the program of functions in the older years due to lack of use they tell us in school.. The mismatch means it saw a different vin (which you did) or no vin (new module) kinda situations .. Under star scan you'll go to abs> more options > initialize abs and follow instructions

Quote Originally Posted by SharpA View Post
    I deal with the configuration mismatch every time we flash or mess with any abs mode at work..
    On a truck of your age , I'd have them use star scan because the makers of wi tech are stripping the program of functions in the older years due to lack of use they tell us in school.. The mismatch means it saw a different vin (which you did) or no vin (new module) kinda situations .. Under star scan you'll go to abs> more options > initialize abs and follow instructions
    Thanks for the response. But we did finally get it figured out. The guy at the dealership must have somehow over looked it or didnt really know how to use the software very well. After coming back a few times and talking to various people he finally figured it out.....