Thread: LMM Won't Crank Over After Flash

Default LMM Won't Crank Over After Flash

I read a tune from an 07 Kodiac LMM that had been loaded by a previous owner. It was almost un-drivable and the new owner wanted it put back to stock with a minor increase in power. I compared the tune to a stock tune with the same cal and there were so many changes I decided to go with the stock tune and make minor adjustments rather than working with the tune from the truck. I put the VIN on my new tune, loaded it in no problem, but the truck wouldn't start. Wouldn't even crank over. Tried dis-abling the VATS, still no go. Loaded the original tune back in and she starts fine. What am I missing here? This is my first LMM but am quite familliar with the LB7 and LLY.

Where did you get the stock tune from. The Kodiac trucks use different perameters then the trucks do.

I pulled it out of a tune library. It was a LMM tune with all the same OS and calibration. EFI would do a comparison but all the data between the two files was way different. The PO had a smoke tune loaded which the current owner didn't want. Another tuner tried to put it back close to stock but the truck still has drivability issues. I hoped to save a bit of time rather than working with the existing tune as it seems so screwed up. Still not sure why it won't turn over so there must be a difference somewhere. I know the speedo can't be adjusted on the Kodiac either.

Maybe the best thing to do is go to the dealer and have them reflash the ECM from the TISweb and start with a clean stock file