Thread: Please help : Autocal display goes wonky when attached to OBD (LMM)

Default Please help : Autocal display goes wonky when attached to OBD (LMM)

2007.5LMM

Received Autocal and first updated firmware (2.07.39) and bootblock (2.07.04) on computer. When attached to computer the display is fine but shows DTC $0280

When I attempted to attach to truck and read stock tune the screen turned blue but no display. Attempted multiple times and finally got a display but the letters are all screwed up and you can't read it. According to other forums I went into BBX and re-programmed scan/tune with only selecting LMM E35B. No change.

I did manage to read the stock tune and can see it in Explorer. But I am afraid of flashing the tunes to the truck with the display like this as it's hard to read whats happening.

Any suggestions I need to get this thing going. My tuner suggested I use this forum.

Sorry should also add I have pulled suggested fuses as well and OBD is powered/functional as Edge Insight works fine.

Thank you

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The AutoCal screen corruption is a temperature related problem that has been fixed in the next firmware update which is due out next week. Keeping AutoCal warm can help prevent the screen from corrupting or staying blank. Cold temperatures cause the clock timings in the LCD control circuitry to drift by a very tiny amount (less than a millionth of a second) which prevents screen updates from the CPU being applied correctly.

It is listed as a "current issue" here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....se-Apr-23-2013

Note: FlashScan and AutoCal are not rated for use at temperatures below 0 degC or -32 DegF.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The AutoCal screen corruption is a temperature related problem that has been fixed in the next firmware update which is due out next week. Keeping AutoCal warm can help prevent the screen from corrupting or staying blank. Cold temperatures cause the clock timings in the LCD control circuitry to drift by a very tiny amount (less than a millionth of a second) which prevents screen updates from the CPU being applied correctly.

It is listed as a "current issue" here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....se-Apr-23-2013

Note: FlashScan and AutoCal are not rated for use at temperatures below 0 degC or -32 DegF.

Regards
    Paul
    I think you mean 0 degC or +32degF

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    I think you mean 0 degC or +32degF
    Yes, I do...
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Now go easy on Paul, I'm 40 and they never done learnt me Fahrenheit at school.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

haha as far as the NSW education system goes I think Fahrenheit got mentioned more in History lessons than Science

The only redeeming thing about US published engineering books is you start to get a feel for imperial units...

It got learnt in 4rd grade (NSW) in 1971

as did these little gems:

Code:
       12 inches   = 1 foot
        3 feet     = 1 yard
      5.5 yards    = 1 rod = 1 pole = 1 perch
        4 rods     = 1 chain
       10 chains   = 1 furlong
        8 furlongs = 1 mile
        3 miles    = 1 league

6 feet     = 1 fathom
       25 links    = 1 rod

1 perch    = 1 rod x 1 rod
        1 rood     = 1 furlong x 1 rod
        1 acre     = 1 furlong x 1 chain

40 perches  = 1 rood
        4 roods    = 1 acre
      640 acres    = 1 section = 1 sq mile
       36 sections = 1 township
    In the middle of 5th grade they took away our Imperial Maths books and replaced them with otherwise identical Metric editions.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    In the middle of 5th grade they took away our Imperial Maths books and replaced them with otherwise identical Metric editions.
    A similar thing happened when i did my Mech Eng degree at UNSW. We used an imperial design book, the next year it was the same book but a metric version. Mind you this was at a time when metric was already mainstream!

Now Joe, those imperial conversions make perfect sense, much better than the confusing communist spawned metric system where....

10mm = 1cm
    100mm = 10cm
    1000mm = 100cm

1cm = 0.01 meters
    10cm = 0.1 meters
    100cm = 1 meter

1 meter = 0.001 kilometers
    10 meters = 0.01 kilometers
    100 meters = 0.1 kilometers
    1000 meters = 1 kilometer

0 degC = Water Freezes
    100 degC = Water Boils

I better stop, someone will get upset

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank you so much for the info. Now I am in Canada but it's not that cold. Today was about 18 degrees C and the screen was all screwy. So is it safe to assume I can flash the tunes and everything will be ok? The bummer is if this is supposed to be a scan tool/code reader it's hard to know a code when you can't read it... especially since its below 0degC about a 1/3 of the year up here.
    Last edited by OIL99; May 11th, 2013 at 02:54 AM.