Thread: Problem with E67 GMPP Controller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Problem with E67 GMPP Controller

Hey guys ,

I am having an issue with a car on the dyno it is an older camaro with a LSX 454 swapped in and uses the GMPP controller kit with the operating system 12638778. It seems like it is hitting some type of rev/speed or torque limiter ,whether or not you start the pull at 2000 3000 4000 or whatever it will always only make it "ABOUT" 1300-1600 rpm before it hits a brick wall. I have tried it leaner ,richer more timing less timing etc and it seems that no matter what it acts the exact same.

I have maxed out all of the TCS tables, speed limiters, Rpm limiters and any torque tables I thought could affect things.....

I noticed looking at a LSX 454 file in HPT there is a table that we dont get called "Default trans limit" that we do not get in EFI Live and I think this may be playing a role in this problem. I believe this table comes in to play if it fails the tcm or if the tcm is not even present at all just like in this case.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tirefryin_s10 View Post
    Hey guys ,

I am having an issue with a car on the dyno it is an older camaro with a LSX 454 swapped in and uses the GMPP controller kit with the operating system 12638778. It seems like it is hitting some type of rev/speed or torque limiter ,whether or not you start the pull at 2000 3000 4000 or whatever it will always only make it "ABOUT" 1300-1600 rpm before it hits a brick wall. I have tried it leaner ,richer more timing less timing etc and it seems that no matter what it acts the exact same.

I have maxed out all of the TCS tables, speed limiters, Rpm limiters and any torque tables I thought could affect things.....

I noticed looking at a LSX 454 file in HPT there is a table that we dont get called "Default trans limit" that we do not get in EFI Live and I think this may be playing a role in this problem. I believe this table comes in to play if it fails the tcm or if the tcm is not even present at all just like in this case.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    The GMPP cal is normally manual only, so the trans torque limit when the CAN fails doesnt apply. Best to log ETC, injectors and timing to see which one is causing the brick wall to arrive.

Throttle is holding open just fine, timing was jumping around but thats after the miss happens and it seems that it is due to the airflow jumping around as well....... I would like to try a new ecm but none of them match this OS ?

Lifetime Member

You sure its the ECM? If your ETC, Inj PW / AFR, and timing are holding, then problem is probably elsewhere.