Thread: so i went to flash in a file and its a no go????

Default so i went to flash in a file and its a no go????

ive been using this same file for a while now just tweaking things here and there and now all of a sudden it wont complete when i try to flash it in???? in the tune software it says "ok to flash" yet when i go to the scan and tune software and open the same file i noticed its has ~~~~~~ by ECM model where as my original base file has a model number. the other weird thing is ALL my tune files that werent originally from my truck (diff OS but all base files i got from other members on here) they all have the same ~~~~~ under ECM model??? i dont get what could all of a sudden do this and i dont remember if they always had ~~~~~ or an actual ECM model number. and what i dont get is WHY they dont????

oh and any file i NEVER touched that were shared with me they all have an ECM number CM2100A how the hell could all my used modded files all of a sudden not have ECM numbers yet they say "ok to flash"

more i think about it i know for sure all these files with ~~~~~ in place of ECM model they once had CM2100A and they ALL worked flashed in fine!!
    Last edited by C Murda; May 9th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

The info you see where it shows '~~~~~~' is just some ASCII text that is contained in the tune files. We see often from factory these sometimes have no data in there.
    I think on some of the older files we didn't capture this section of data in the read process, so some may show it, others won't.
    That part doesn't actually get flashed back in to the ECM so if it's missing it's more an annoyance than a fatal flaw.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The info you see where it shows '~~~~~~' is just some ASCII text that is contained in the tune files. We see often from factory these sometimes have no data in there.
    I think on some of the older files we didn't capture this section of data in the read process, so some may show it, others won't.
    That part doesn't actually get flashed back in to the ECM so if it's missing it's more an annoyance than a fatal flaw.
    then what could possiby have cause my flash to fail right when it was almost done? all connections were untouched batter fully charged and it was the same tune file ive used before?