Thread: Rookie, Trying to figure this out

Default Rookie, Trying to figure this out

I just got my EFI system in the mail Saturday and I'm trying to get it going but it has whooped me badly yesterday.

I'm new to this deal and am quickly realizing I may have jumped in too deep without researching enough first.

I got everything downloaded and was able to get my license assigned through V8 but I can't get V7.5 to scan at all.

I keep getting a message when I connect "The Flashscan/Auotcal interface is not compatible with this version on of EFI Live software. Please install the latest version 8 of EFIlive software and use the control panel to update the firmware."

I've done this.....3 times and I can not get it to update and I don't see where the V8 allows me to update the firmware.

I'm stuck and probably missing something simple.........help

That message means you have to flash in the newer version of firmware...

do not do the automated update, but rather start EFILive Explorer, goto the Firmware tab and manually flash from there.

Then after you did that, you will have to program in the BBx config files, start Scan&Tune, goto BBx, edit/delete any ECM that is not yours (on both the Scan and Tune tabs), Save to file, and do Program All.

Ok, got that to work. The handheld will now scan the truck but i still cant get the tune side to read anything. Im mainly trying to get it to read the injectors. It keeps getting an error 0185 or something like that.

Did you provide an entry for your ECM on the Tune tab in BBx in the S&T program...?