Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: May 15, 2013

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Update: May 15, 2013

EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Important:
    This latest software update requires updated USB drivers (V2.08.28). You cannot use this version of the software with older versions of the USB drivers.
    If you are having difficulty connecting to FlashScan/AutoCal after installing this update, DO NOT DOWNGRADE THE USB DRIVERS. The problem is possibly a USB 2.0/3.0 incompatibility.
    Try using FlashScan/AutoCal in a USB 2.0 port instead of a USB 3.0 port.

Download here:

Updates:
    V7

• Automatically generate \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5 folder hierarchy if it does not exist at application start-up.
    • *.cax files may not contain any user defined calibrations that overlap existing EFILive calibration definitions or that reference data outside of the calibration memory area. If they do, the user will be notified that the *.cax calibration will be ignored.
    • *.ctz files with V8 security restrictions (cal-only, flash-only) can no longer be loaded into the V7 software.

V8

• LML cal-flash and full-flash is now available.
    • Automatically generate \My Documents\EFILive\V8 folder hierarchy if it does not exist at application start-up.
    • Stopped PID selection lists from auto-expanding/collapsing when selecting PIDs in Scan Tool and BBX tab pages.
    • Auto-Locked E38 controllers can now be auto-unlocked successfully.
    • Explorer was asking for overwrite permission twice when copying files, now it only asks once.
    • Explorer now refreshes top pane correctly when dragging/dropping files from device to PC.
    • When reporting OS mismatch, error message now shows "Unknown" (instead of -1 or $FFFFFFFF) for operating system number

Firmware

• Fixed AutoCal LCD screen display corruption.
    • Fixed "Record All Diags" option to include freeze frames and System Readiness Tests.
    • Increased pre-defined calculated PIDs per BBL PID selection from 8 to 32.
    • Updated USB drivers to V2.08.28.

Drivers

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

• FlashScan and AutoCal Version numbers and version dates do not display in the EFILive Control Panel (aka EFILive_HAPI) application on the [F6: Firmware] tab page (fixed in next update).
    • PID custom units are not being loaded correctly when opening a BBX configuration file (fixed in next update).
    • Copy/Paste of BBX PIDs does not copy the custom units or alarm settings (fixed in next update).
    • BBX PID display order is not being maintained (fixed in next update).
    • Connecting FlashScan or AutoCal to USB3.0 ports may cause very slow connections or no connection at all - try using a USB 2.0 port instead (under investigation).
    • Clicking [Display Image] in EFILive Explorer on the [F11: Splash] tab page causes a "$0101: No data received" error after 5 seconds (fixed in next update).
    • LS1A and LS1B controllers report as "Locked with a custom key" when attempting to read or flash using V7.5. Use V8 to read/flash LS1A and LS1B controllers (fixed in next update).
    • BBx option "Record All Diags" does not save freeze frame data (fixed in next update).
    • BBx option "Record All Diags" does not show monitor supported status (fixed in next update).

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 231
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 225
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.04 (Dec 12, 2011
    )
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.40 (May 10, 2013)
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)
    Last edited by Blacky; June 5th, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    • Increased pre-defined calculated PIDs per BBL PID selection from 8 to 32.

[INDENT]
    NICE!
    Thanks so much for checking this out and better still adding even more

Cheers, Chris

Lifetime Member

Thanks Paul!
    Last edited by IJ.; May 14th, 2013 at 05:46 PM.

Lifetime Member

Ok thought I'd jumped the gun a bit after reading the description that the added slots were in Firmware.. Have updated my V2 and am still not seeing the new PID slots..

Is there a step I've missed? (newbie to this software/hardware so have made lots of mistakes)

Default Re: Update: May 15, 2013

Same scenario as Ian. All upgraded and still only 8 slots in S&T bbl V7 settings

Lifetime Member

Calc Pids file edit to use these maybe?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    Ok thought I'd jumped the gun a bit after reading the description that the added slots were in Firmware.. Have updated my V2 and am still not seeing the new PID slots..

Is there a step I've missed? (newbie to this software/hardware so have made lots of mistakes)
    It just means you can still only define up to 8 calc PIDs in the V7 compatibility window but another 24 calc PIDs in the normal V8 PID selection (which can also have the same name as existing V7 calc PIDs).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    It just means you can still only define up to 8 calc PIDs in the V7 compatibility window but another 24 calc PIDs in the normal V8 PID selection (which can also have the same name as existing V7 calc PIDs).

Regards
    Paul
    okay IJ, maybe not such a big problem,
    we'll have a look at your sae_generic.txt file and make some edits there to make use of the new capacity.
    we will just need to be very careful when you change versions

Thanks.

Lifetime Member

I updated V7.5 and V8 then plugged my V2 in, (new) drivers installed just fine. Opened V8, and get a cannot connect error. Used the USB Manager and uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled the latest drivers. No luck. Plugged my V2 into another USB port on my laptop, and all is fine. I have never had this issue with any previous drivers, I will try going back to the old ones later on today after I get some tuning done.

The problem ports/controller are my USB3 ports and the older USB2 ports work fine. If you need any USB controller specs, please let me know. I will report back later tonight if using the old drivers makes the USB3 ports work again (they're the ones Ive always used for tuning in the past).

Also, after updating my firmware to the latest .40, I clicked the Refresh button and fields stayed blank. I have a pin on my V2 so the first time after a firmware update I have to enter my pin and click Refresh to get the status update, but Ive never seen this happen before. I shut V8 down completely and re-opened it, still nothing appeared in the fields (but the FlashScan V2 line item updated correctly).

If it helps, I simply installed these versions over the top of my existing Public Release 4/23 versions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V2 Firmware.PNG 
Views:	365 
Size:	346.4 KB 
ID:	15060
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; May 15th, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast