Thread: ATUSB and v7.5 for Windows 7 machine, worked with xp in past

Default ATUSB and v7.5 for Windows 7 machine, worked with xp in past

Just migrating over to a Win7 laptop. Have installed latest version of efilive (7.5.7 build 230) I have the autotap drivers installed. I cant seem to validate PIDs after registering. I have the correct controller selected. This cable/combo worked on my old toshiba tablet running XP? I feel like i am connected correctly to the PCM. Help??
    Josh
    1996 WS6|M6|CC305H|MMS Stage II Heads|Crane Gold 1.6 RR's|42 Lb Injectors|ATI P600B@12Lb's|3 Core ATI|BBK 58mm TB|SLP Shorties|Borla Catback||MWC&P FAB 9 w/3.70's|SFC's|LS1 Brakes|MSD 6AL|

WIFEY: 2005 SBM TAHOE 4.8L. MAGNAFLO, HID'S,

Did you do File->Enter VIN and File->Select Controller...?

i selected the correct controller. Been away for a while. I was around when Weatherman Shawn was starting the calc VE tut. I need to get the new laptop going and want to try the latest process. Im really happy to see all the support his family received from the tuning community.
    Josh
    1996 WS6|M6|CC305H|MMS Stage II Heads|Crane Gold 1.6 RR's|42 Lb Injectors|ATI P600B@12Lb's|3 Core ATI|BBK 58mm TB|SLP Shorties|Borla Catback||MWC&P FAB 9 w/3.70's|SFC's|LS1 Brakes|MSD 6AL|

WIFEY: 2005 SBM TAHOE 4.8L. MAGNAFLO, HID'S,

Welcome back

Yes, we miss Shawn.

I use an ATUSB and efilive,you will need the license key to get it to work.

Also,when I migrated all my tuning stuff over to win7 I had trouble with files.
    I had to click run as administrator as well as win compatibility for xp sp3.
    Some files were also listed as "read only" in properties.
    I unchecked that,as well as for all folders and subfolders and haven't had any issues.

You also need to make sure the drivers are installed before you plug in the ATUSB IIRC,otherwise windows will assign a driver or something and not associate correct drivers or something?
    Then if you can always plug in the ATUSB before starting laptop.

Oddly mine is better now,I used to have to plug in my convertor boxes before starting up every time with xp.
    Now it will generally recognize and assign correct comm port even if plugged in after startup so idunno.