Thread: LQ4 hotcam Third Gen Swap

Default LQ4 hotcam Third Gen Swap

Hey guys, I have a LQ4 that I've modded and swapped into a 90' IROC. The motor, PCM and harness are all out of a 2003 truck w/ a 4l80E.
    I'm using a T56 manual transmission but can't find a tune file with a manual segment of the same OS to swap into the calibration. I've already loaded the custom OS recommended for the stock OS would it be ok to flash a calibration from a newer 04 PCM for a LQ9 with a manual segment already swapped into it? I realise I'll have to go back and redo some of the tables again that I did when I loaded the custom OS the first time.

I'm fairly new to this but my understanding is that the custom OS reproduces the features from the PCM such as pinouts etc. and the calibration is more or less the variables that the OS uses for controlling the engine. Is that wrong?

Couple of other questions, how would I properly configure a generic wideband using the 5v AD1 into the flashscan so I can do the CALC.VET logging, and does anybody know of any pins or procedure I could use to control a fan relay for the electric fans I have wired up using the PCM?

Lifetime Member

Welcome!

I would grab an 03-04 truck OS that has a manual OS available (an 03/04 Escalade and 03/04 Vette come to mind) and use that as your base file. With a LS1B PCM, you can change OSs easily and keep the same pinout, just use a truck OS as the base.

Unless you're running FI or speed density, there's no need to use a COS.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Ok my biggest worry was screwing with the ETC with using a Vette calibration not sure if they used DBW, and messing up my OBDII because the 03 uses that single green from the PCM for the communication. But since I have a 04 Escalade tune with a manual segment I'll flash it over and go from there. Should I stick with the stock OS and just flash the Escalade calibration? Or do I need to flash the OS to get the manual segment?

Depending on what PCM you are using, the 01-02 T56 LS1 cal is a DBC throttle.

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

So the 03 Corvette is a LS1 with a DBW setup? That's good to know just in case. I just modified the truck pedal yesterday to fit in the car with the APP, I decided to stick to DBW for simplicity.

I also figured out which PID's I need for an analog WBO2, I'll just have to modify the calculation for what it determines Stoich is.
    I have my Maps ready for doing my first Calc.VET log. One quick question, I'm using Accel 44lb/hr@43.5psi injectors, I've updated my injector flow rate for them on a 58 psi fuel rail, is there any resource for getting the injector voltage correction? Or should I leave these tables alone? And other than the injector flow rate is there anything else crucial I need to update for the fuel before I try to run this engine?

Edit: An additional note about the injectors, they are the same impedance as a stock injector.