Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting some odd #s from my LC-1 wideband, please take a look at my log.

Lifetime Member

Default Getting some odd #s from my LC-1 wideband, please take a look at my log.

I just finished a cam install on an LS1 Corvette. I have replaced the factory narrowband Bank 2 Sensor 1 with my LC-1 Wideband. I have the yellow analog wire going to term A (Tan) wire in the vehicles narrow band connector. While attempting Calc.VET, the wideband seems to read accurate at first, and then starts to raise in value, at one point I think it reads 5.908 lambda! I could be missing something, please take a look at my log and let me know if I am doing something wrong.

kevin m cam idle 2.efi

Thank you!
    2002 Z06
    Vengeance Racing Stage 5, H/C/I/3.90 diff, 575 hp
    2016 Chevy SS M6 (daily driver)
    Roto-fab Intake

Did you connect a ground from the LC-1 to the vehicle's narrow band connector...?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did you connect a ground from the LC-1 to the vehicle's narrow band connector...?
    No I did not. IIRC my Z06 is set up similar, only difference is I use the vehicles narrowband 12v to power the LC-1, yellow to the signal wire, no ground at connection.
    2002 Z06
    Roto-fab Intake

Lifetime Member

Joe, do you recommend keeping yellow LC-1 Analog wire to vehicles low signal, and then wiring the LC-1 White Wire (ground) to vehicles high signal? OR should that be reversed, white to low, yellow to high?
    2002 Z06
    Roto-fab Intake

Lifetime Member

Just looked at my own car, I've got white and blue going to ground stud on the frame, yellow and red going to factory narrowband connector, black calibration wire going to battery ground. I'll have to play around with it on Friday.

I just can't remember if yellow LC-1 should go to signal high or signal low?
    2002 Z06
    Roto-fab Intake

Related to the LC-1, how often should it be recalibrated? And can it be recalibrated while still installed in the exhaust if the car hasn't been started in several days?

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Related to the LC-1, how often should it be recalibrated? And can it be recalibrated while still installed in the exhaust if the car hasn't been started in several days?
    I am not 100% sure but I think you only need to perform a fresh air calibration once or twice a year for N/A cars. I did the calibration before installing into the vehicle.

Hopefully someone will chime in about the yellow analog wire connecting to either high or low signal. I found online someone who put yellow to high and white to low.
    2002 Z06
    Roto-fab Intake

Lifetime Member

I think I might have to check the LC1 calibration of lamda, I read others seeing similar issues like -18 LTFT at idle.
    2002 Z06
    Roto-fab Intake

Quote Originally Posted by n8dogg View Post
    I am not 100% sure but I think you only need to perform a fresh air calibration once or twice a year for N/A cars. I did the calibration before installing into the vehicle.

Hopefully someone will chime in about the yellow analog wire connecting to either high or low signal. I found online someone who put yellow to high and white to low.
    Well, I've got STS rear mounted turbos on the car. And I'm pretty sure it's been around a year since I've installed the wideband sensor. I guess comparing the wideband output with what the narrow bands are reporting would be a way to compare for accuracy? Of course, the narrow bands are NEVER recalibrated so not sure how effective that would be.

Sorry, can't help you with your wiring question, as I'm using the serial interface with harness with mine and am using a separate bung so that the narrow bands don't have to be removed.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Lifetime Member

I'd like to use an additional 02 bung but the headers are ceramic coated and stainless, a bear to drill through.
    2002 Z06
    Roto-fab Intake

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast