Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fls, Mpc, Epr files

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fls, Mpc, Epr files

Hi All, now that we have a menu to import Jtag files, where can we get info about those files ?. I would ike to know what software are "approved" or ok to generates fls,mpc,epr files to be used by Efilive. Also can raw bin files from tis2web could be used ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by modpcm View Post
    Hi All, now that we have a menu to import Jtag files, where can we get info about those files ?. I would ike to know what software are "approved" or ok to generates fls,mpc,epr files to be used by Efilive.
    I know this sounds bad and really confusing considering it is our software, but we have been asked not to tell anyone what JTAG hardware to use.

Quote Originally Posted by modpcm View Post
    Also can raw bin files from tis2web could be used ?
    No, they do not contain all the segments required. TIS2WEB only downloads what is required to update the ECM to whatever GM's latest is, there is more (required) data in the ECM that can only be accessed via the JTAG devices.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I know this sounds bad and really confusing considering it is our software, but we have been asked not to tell anyone what JTAG hardware to use.

Thanks for the quick reply, is that mean that new jtag menu is not for all user but only for some with special license

No it's for everyone, but, you will have to do the ground work to figure out what hardware the tuners out there doing this are using, again, we just agreed to those terms with the instigators of this option.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

instigators.. lmao

Lifetime Member

Yeah yeah I get it. I think I'm sitting on a sweet piece of equipment on the shelf with no time to learn the in's and out's of it.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

From what I remember when this was all unfolding (and we don't own one of these Euro tuning things), the cost is around $7K for it.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    From what I remember when this was all unfolding (and we don't own one of these Euro tuning things), the cost is around $7K for it.
    Yeah I'm a little over 6k got the once piece. But I'll be into it 7 by the time I get a few more pieces
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

Is there like quarterly or 6 months fees to keep that stuff usable anyways I thought it was $1000+ a year just to use it Kinda hard for a hobbyist to justify it, back when I was looking into it a guy would have to tune 10+ vehicles a month just to even think about justifying it.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Is there like quarterly or 6 months fees to keep that stuff usable anyways I thought it was $1000+ a year just to use it Kinda hard a hobbyist to justify it, back when I was looking into it a guy would have to tune 10+ vehicles a month just to even think about justifying it.
    You would be correct.
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast