Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T43/E38 6L90 Shift points change

I found this information looking through this post "Pattern A is typically daily driving, pattern B is tow/haul" But I have three different part throttle tables. I have normal part throttle shift, Pattern A part throttle, and pattern B Part throttle.

Assuming 2013 GMC (6l80E)
    normal part throttle = daily driving
    Pattern A part throttle = tow/haul
    Pattern B part throttle = cruise control

Please let know if above is right? I didn't see any notes in the EFlive tune file.

Thanks
    2006 Trailblazer SS
    Twin Turbo 67 Chevy Truck
    SOLD Truck 2002 Chevy kb turbo t70 5.7l

You have to test it by editing a few curves in each mode and see which one shows up in a log.

Hi, old thread, but need some help.

Couple questions if any one can help. THis in dealing with the 6L80E T43 mated to a 6.2L non VVT E38 in 2007 Escalade EXT.

First, once I adjust the shift points and pressures, do I need to run an adaptive relearn?

Do I need to adjust any settings in the Adaptive relearn process if I change pressures and shift points?

Any more clarification than is already offered in this thread by wheelz and/or joecar?

Thanks in advance,

If you change the shift points, you don't need to do the adaptive relearn.

Be careful in adjusting the shift pressures (!!!)... leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If you change the shift points, you don't need to do the adaptive relearn.

Be careful in adjusting the shift pressures (!!!)... leave them alone.
    Thanks buddy.

To all, here is my first attempt a tuning my T43 6L80E. I have not tested this tune out yet, but am going to. I figured I would run it past the group, to look at and make suggestions as well as educate me if I made changes in areas that are definite no no's, or didnt make changes in areas that are needed. Again first attempt here, and I tried to apply everything I read. THis is only the TCM tune, I have not adjusted anything within the ECM file for this. Not sure if I am supposed to...?

I have read several threads on this forum, as well as the guys over at HP Tuners forums, as well as reaching out to a few tuners I know. So this Beta ROM Tune is a homioglation of all 3 methods.
    Also, as a side note, Wheelz' post #11 in this thread is a very good write up and helped me out a ton. I am attaching a shift calculator that the boys over in HPT have made and is free to whomever wishes to download it. It is not my creation, but it is very closely a calculator that uses Wheelz method more or less. ALL Attachments are below.

This tune file includes all of these changes:

Tables Listed under "Shift Control:"
    Shift speeds for (4) shift selections, Normal (Daily drive "D" Selection), Pattern A (Tow/Haul Trailer Button), Pattern B (Cruise Control Active) and Tap Up/Tap Down (Manual "M" Selection). ALL Hot and Hot shift tables were left alone. This requires correlating WOT tables to be adjusted as well. I also found errors in these tables and if you look at the stock rom you will find shift speeds in a few of the part throttle tables that make you go hmmmmm.

Tables Listed under "Torque Converter:"
    Torque Converter Control for (4) shift, Normal (Daily drive "D" Selection), Pattern A (Tow/Haul Trailer Button), Pattern B (Cruise Control Active) and Tap Up/Tap Down (Manual "M" Selection). Also adjusted the correlating WOT control tables.

Tables Listed under "Shift Times:"
    These tables were left mostly alone, a little smoothing here and there, but for most part completely stock. I believe I found a couple of errors in a few small tables that suggest to me some fat fingering on GMs part.

Tables listed under "Shift Pressures:"
    As suggested these were primarily left alone. However, sub folder named "Engine RPM Pressure Line," 1st thru 4th table were adjusted. I watched several vids, and reached out to a few tuners who stated this is an ok practice. However, verdict is still out and all disclaimers apply.

Tables listed under "Torque Limits:"
    Very minor adjustment to these tables over stock, just following again gathered suggestions from all known information I could find.

Table listed under "Adaptive Learning:"
    Finally, I think I noticed an anomaly within the "Parameters" Table at the base level of this folder. If you look at the Stock Rom, Table D9264 is set to 40, when all other tables are set to 200. I have scoured looking for other stock roms, and why they are 1500 T43 6L80 Calibrations, this table in those roms is set to 200 stock, not 40... SO I think this is one of those Fat Finger issues with GM programmers. That table is the only change I made here.

Table Labeled "Speedo:"
    I had already adjusted this table to reflect mirrored settings I have with the ECM tune. THis is set correct and I have posted about it over in another thread labeled for speedo calibration.

Also, here is the link to the HPT thread about the spreadsheet "Most GM Trans" Calculator: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Table-Software This calculator does shift points for 4l60 thru 10L90 Transmissions. This is great find.

Again, thanks for looking at these, and I value everyone's input on this. Hope this helps the process, and thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by raceghost; September 9th, 2020 at 02:15 PM.

So I went out and preliminary results are good. Validated that Normal mode is shift lever D, Pattern A shift is Tow/Haul, and Pattern B is Cruise. All modes work well with my adjustments, however, I did notice a few adjustments that need fine tuning. I have made those adjustments within this new revision.

It is worthy to note that if anyone looks at this rom and decides to try it out, it is for an 07 Cadillac Escalade EXT E38 6.2L non VVT with T43 6L80E and this vehicle is AWD/4WD all the time. So variations may need to be done to the same era of GM 1500 variations.

Minor shift point changes
    Torque Converter Lock up in Normal mode is 4th gear thru 6th gear
    Torque Converter Lock up in Pattern A Tow Haul Mode is 3rd gear thru 5th Gear
    Torque Converter Lock up in Pattern B Cruise Mode is 4th gear thru 6th gear.

All WOT tables have been adjusted to these settings as well.

Also remember it is speedo corrected for my tires.

Tap Up Down Manual Mode is also adjusted respectively in the shift points as well as the torque converter control.

And Line pressures have been adjusted as well. Shift pressures are stock, but some improvements in line pressure were done.

Still would love to have any feedback on the files in my previous post (post #25) and then you can compare them to this revision listed below.

Thanks again

Oops, one more adjustments to Pattern A Tow Haul shift control, Pattern A Torque Converter Control. In the calculator you will see a table in the upper right hand corner labeled "D RPM" within the "Engine / Drivetrain" box. What this is, is a table that sets the highest downshift RPM you would like to see. This will help with downshifts in all shift patterns, but more importantly downshifts while towing. I have it set at the recommended 3500 RPM for downshifts while towing. Adjusting this RPM speed, will adjust the downshift points directly. So as I tested the Tow Haul pattern I set in previous tune revision, I found that it was downshifting correctly, but I was seeing 5K rpm on downshifts, under heavy load this could cause some issues. So this new attached tune has the pattern A Tow Haul mode downshift speeds readjusted for a 3500 RPM downshift.

Again, would love to have a second set of eyes check these out for reason listed in my previous 3 posts.

Thanks again,

I have decided that I am jumping out side of the scope of this sticky. I have decided to merge the continuation of my Trans tuning in this thread, as well as my "T43: 2007 Escalade (2) Roms: 22" Rom and 18" Rom Calibration Speedo Adjustment" thread, all over to this thread > https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...e-amp-Tow-Tune

Thanks again

I'm slowly reading thru your posts... please bear with me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123