Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E92 ECM support released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up E92 ECM support released

Yes it's true, if you believed everything you read on the internet then this post was never going to be made by tuning companies, but it's real and in an industry first (yet again!) our NEW RELEASE has added read and flash support for the new E92 ECM. This ECM is GM's new flagship controller for the new 2014 range of Direct Injection engines (SIDI / EcoTec3). The 2014 trucks using this new engine are at the dealers now, so head on down with your credit card and see what sort of a deal GM can do for you, or wait a few months for the 2014 LT1 powered Covette.

E92 FAQ:
    Q - Will the ECM log tune changes?
    A - Yes it certainly does and EFILive will not allow any bypassing of this, if you flash a modified tune in your dealer will know, even if it's set back to stock.

Q - What other 2014+ vehicles is this ECM going to be used on?
    A - At the time of writing we don't know, all the SIDI/EcoTec3 engines will be using either the E39A or E92, we will know for sure as more 2014 models reach the dealer lots.

Q - Will the E92 be able to do 'x' and 'y'?
    A - Probably everything but make a cup of coffee, it's the premium direct injection controller therefore I don't think GM would have designed all new ECM's only to fall short on functionality.

Q - Can it do 2bar?
    A - Of course, like all ECM's from about 2006+ it was designed from factory to handle up to 255kPa of MAP.

Q - What about Speed Density (MAF-less) tuning?
    A - We can't confirm this in the real world, but everything indicates yes and of course the Virtual VE tables are already implemented should you choose to go down that path (see below).

Here's some E92 screen shots to get you inspired....

Last edited by GMPX; May 20th, 2013 at 04:36 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well played.... Lol!

Now the art of control is the next step.... Strap in the show has just begun....

HT

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Lifetime Member

Fantastic! Looks like there are a few tables mapped already too (with more on the way Im sure)!

You ready Howard?! Once you pick your C7 up I bet before you leave the parking lot EFILive will have your file to map the Vette OS.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Fantastic! Looks like there are a few tables mapped already too (with more on the way Im sure)!
    Oh yeah, well under way, but when the final cal release comes out there will be a new special feature never seen before

You ready Howard?! Once you pick your C7 up I bet before you leave the parking lot EFILive will have your file to map the Vette OS.
    I'm betting Howard will give the guy in pre-delivery inspection a V2 for the day to speed the process up.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Oh yeah, well under way, but when the final cal release comes out there will be a new special feature never seen before
    Fantastic, eta on cal release v7.00 or 7.01?

Im hoping the E67 cals will be updated with the new TQ Model stuff soon!
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    So if the E92 will come 2014 C7 nad 2014+ truck when could we purchase the stream license
    We are still trying to figure out the fairest way to offer some sort of stream option for these late model ECM's, we haven't forgotten.

Im hoping the E67 cals will be updated with the new TQ Model stuff soon!
    Well, of course the torque coeffs have been in EFILive for years, however when we update the torque model manipulation cals it will include every ECM that uses it.

LOL!

I've been ready for three months. Getting in is step one......step two is comprehension....

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
    LOL!

I've been ready for three months. Getting in is step one......step two is comprehension....
    Very true.
    ~Erik~

awesome, just awesome!! Great work EFILive crew!!!

I remember all the debbie-downers in the threads on LS1Tech that swore up and down the ECM wouldnt be crackable, its too complicated, has multiple virtual environments, etc....blah blah blah.

Ross, not that Im a computer engineer/software expert and would completely understand, but do you think you could go into a bit of detail about the inner workings of the E92 controller? Like is there any super cool/breakthrough technology inside it? Is it "super cutting edge" with out of this world processing power/capabilities, or is it just a hum-drum small step up from the previous generation ECM's? Is it looking like its going to be a nice ECM for tuners to work with or are there going to be "quirks" that might make a bit of a learning curve for tuners?

Is it Delphi or someone else? Was it "hard" to crack compared to other ECM's you've worked with?

Sorry for all the questions, and I understand if you need to keep some stuff secret.....but basically im just curious about the technical nitty-gritty of it, considering all the nay-sayers there were about the "tunability" of the E92.

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    I remember all the debbie-downers in the threads on LS1Tech that swore up and down the ECM wouldnt be crackable, its too complicated, has multiple virtual environments, etc....blah blah blah.
    I think regardless of what bit of technology we are talking about people will spread unsubstantiated rumours. Maybe those posters really thought it was all for real, I don't know. Lets all be thankful to GM that we can tune them, nobody wants to see our performance industry collapse or be forced to aftermarket ECM's.

but do you think you could go into a bit of detail about the inner workings of the E92 controller? Like is there any super cool/breakthrough technology inside it? Is it "super cutting edge" with out of this world processing power/capabilities, or is it just a hum-drum small step up from the previous generation ECM's? Is it looking like its going to be a nice ECM for tuners to work with or are there going to be "quirks" that might make a bit of a learning curve for tuners?
    The funny thing is I couldn't tell you what is inside, they weld the back covers on!! But it is a more powerful PowerPC processor compared to even the E39 & E78 ECM's. I was expecting to brick at least one during bootloader developemt so I could have an excuse to cut one open, but thankfully everything went pretty smoothly so they all remain in tact, but no visual details of the inners now.
    The people tuning the E39A will find the E92 very familiar.

Is it Delphi or someone else? Was it "hard" to crack compared to other ECM's you've worked with?
    It is a Delphi (or GM Component Holdings) as the sticker says. It was no bigger challenge than the other gas ECM's we've done recently, it was certainly not in the same league as the LML's EDC17!

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; May 20th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast