Thread: Redoing my VE table can you double check my work?

Default Redoing my VE table can you double check my work?

Its been awhile and I'm hoping someone can recheck my work to make sure im not doing some horrible errors. my original tune for the thread is here. I switched to the grand prix bosch 36# injectors and due to some changes I wanted to recalculate the VE table now that this stuff has been sorted out.

Sunday_may_19th_160Thermo_36inj.tun

this is the log file and the VE adjusted for the cells I was able to hit. I want to make sure im doing this correctly also Im having a heck of a time getting enough cells

Sunday_may_19th_160Thermo_36inj_B.tun Log_0000.efi

Quote Originally Posted by myws6formula View Post
    this is the log file and the VE adjusted for the cells I was able to hit. I want to make sure im doing this correctly also Im having a heck of a time getting enough cells

Sunday_may_19th_160Thermo_36inj_B.tun Log_0000.efi
    you'll never get all the cells so dont worry, if you want the VE to 'look' nice in those areas just extrapolate between the cells you do hit.

I found changing to grand prix injectors that a few things in VE changed, so clearly tunes for 26 to 36 lb/hr injectors are not perfectly linear, saying that VE changed by a few % at most. I'll try look at the tunes this weekend

that would be great! I have forgotten a lot

I want to make sure im not running lean or setting up for a basket of paper weights. when i was tuning the ve last I had the fuel regulator port referenced so now unreferenced it was pulling fuel back out. I think up top like you noted the change in injectors made a difference as well as from the duty cycle being so high in my case.

that would be great! I have forgotten a lot

I want to make sure im not running lean or setting up for a basket of paper weights. when i was tuning the ve last I had the fuel regulator port referenced so now unreferenced it was pulling fuel back out. I think up top like you noted the change in injectors made a difference as well as from the duty cycle being so high in my case.
    It all appears correct to me, you are running really rich at WOT and this is taken out after you apply the correction. Some other places you are running rich too and have pulled these out. You VE looks likes mine, I made it smooth before tuning and was about 5-10 rich on purpose, now where I hit the cells they are corrected down. Just make sure on your log back after the tune that you are not running lean.

Are you running OLSD all the time? If so make sure all learning is disabled, trimming etc

thanks for taking a look at it. Thought I only had CL disabled at idle ranges to help stabilize some of the fueling and keep it from pulling too much fuel but will have to take another look and make sure as it seems i have forgotten where i left off

thanks for taking a look at it. Thought I only had CL disabled at idle ranges to help stabilize some of the fueling and keep it from pulling too much fuel but will have to take another look and make sure as it seems i have forgotten where i left off
    if youre tuning with the WB and you are commanding the fuel you want to follow the Auto VE tutorial document and dissable triming so no LTFT adding or pulling fuel. If you are tuning with the BEN factor from the fuel trims then leave it. Or take a look at some of the other tutorials, im not familiar with the CalVE or the other. I run open loop all the time from my MAP only so never use fuel trims, plus they seem to make car lumpy with the cam at certain rpms. (prob need to change my timing haha )