Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pid Slelction and Dashboard wont save

Default Pid Slelction and Dashboard wont save

I have been messing with this for over a year an still having no luck getting the issue resolved. I have about 6 computers around the shop that all have EFI Live on them, and use a standard Dashboard setup for mileage tuning and one for performance dyno runs and such. I save the Pid selection and Dashboard Layout, and on my Computer I cannot open these files. I can arrange the dash the way I want and the pid selection, but no matter what when I re open the scan tool the dashboard is reset to just have Injector Duty Cycle and Ben factor repeated over and over again with no pids selected. Has anyone ever had this issue that cna help me out as it stands my Computer is useless except for Bench-top tuning at the moment. And of coarse my Tuning Laptop just died on me so I need another to use for the interim.

For each chart/gauge did you do this: on the chart or gauge do rightclick->Properties, a Properties subwindow appears, in that subwindow click Save.

Tried this and after saving and exiting Scan tool, It still opens with 4 pids repeated over and over again on the dashboard, I try and open it from saved files, and nothing changes at all. Please help.

Post a screenshot.

You can also save file the whole dashboard (consisting of the A, B, C pages)...

and you can open the saved file anytime to have whole dashboard set to as was when you saved it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dash.png 
Views:	233 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	14807

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V-Dash.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	14809

No matter how many times or which way I go about saving the Dashboard, this is what I get to come up every time when I re-open the Scan tool

Goto Edit->Properties->Startup

checkmark the box for loading a specific dashboard on startup, and specify the dashboard file (browse to it)

( note this will load all 3 dashpages (A, B, C) on startup of scantool )

It worked 1 time, then I closed it out a second time and now its back to what it was doing before and just repeating a few pids over and over again. I went to check and all the boxes are still checked and its loading the correct dashboard that every other computer in our shop opens with no issues. I also checked them and none of them had those boxes checked and they load different dashboards no issues. I wouldn't mind if I had to reload the dash every time I opened it, but It will not even let me do that.

It happens only on this one PC...?

Does this PC run Win 7/8...?

Yes, only on this PC. And yes it runs Windows 7. But so do 3 other computers in the shop that have no issues with it. Its always been an issue on this computer only. I have tried deleting the program and re installing 3 times also no fix with that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast