Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PIDs to log?

Lifetime Member

Default PIDs to log?

For example, if I want to soley log AFR / PE during WOT, what are the PIDs that you would use to get most info and yet make it scan best by keeping them minimum?

Example for a Spark and KR log
    For a AFR and PE at WOT log
    For a general cruise AFR log
    For an Idle AFR log
    MAF Tune log

Seems only I findpeople saying log under 24 PIDs at all times or the info on VE tuning. Some finds I got MAF tune PID selections. Just no real info on the best ones to use that keep it simple yet effective on gathering info. I mean if I am doing spark and kr, I obvioulsy use what the 2 maps require (dyncylair vs rpm). But then some tell me do VSS, RPM, AFR, WB, IAT, ECT, Fuel Status, TPS, etc all the time.
    True?

In fast mode, a frame can hold the data for 24 pids... on the 0411 PCM 10 frames can be read per second...

if you log more pids then you will be using 2 or more frames.

There are other modes, see the scantool pdf for a description of how these affect the number of pids and the sample rate.
    Last edited by joecar; May 29th, 2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Lifetime Member

Oh ok.
    Just since I have a wideband O2, I need to log 3-4 PIDS alone. Listed and questions below.
    GM.EquivRatio = not sure why ?
    EXT.AD1 - my AEM wideband white wire inputs to my V1 analog port
    CALC.AFR_PLX1 - my AEM wideband translation ?
    CALC.WO2 BEN - not sure this exactly and if I need to use it every time I use the other 3 ?

So should I use WB PIDS above every log? Or just when logging for air and fuel? Spark?

Should I always log VSS, RPM, TPS, ECT, IAT, Spark Adv, KR ?
    Gimme just the basics. I understand that if I am logging MAF for example, I can go to the tune tool and see what peramiters it is using, and log those as well.

EQIVRATIO seems to include some commanded fuel changes that AFR does not; also it is the reciprocal of lambda (meaning it avoids having to know the stoich AFR).

Does the AEM have the same AFR:voltage transfer function as the PLX...? Do you have a pdf user manual for your AEM...?

CALC.WO2BEN is defined as EQIVRATIO * WB_LAMBDA

WB_LAMBDA can be calculated as CALC.AFR_PLX1/14.7 (or whatever the PLX or AEM assume stoich to be).

Lifetime Member

Yes, AEM uses the same AFR vs. Voltage curve as the PLX. I use the PLX calc PID for my AEM wideband. AEM also gives Lambda vs. Voltage so you can make your own calc pid for lambda.
    2001 Silverado 5.3L ECSB 2WD T56:
    T76 turbo, Meth injection, 72# injectors, 799 heads, 212/212 114LSA cam, Built 4L80E, 3.42's
    EFILive V1 Commercial, COS5 2-bar SOLSD, AEM wideband

Lifetime Member

Yes I do and IIRC we went over them a while back and determined PLX was the same as AEM...AEM isnt listed in the EFILive unfortunately.
    Attached the PDF Insturctions. Thx for looking over that for me in advance Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

I got my UEGO used so I only got the AFR Black faceplate...no Lambda faceplate. So as far as digital gauge is concerened, I can only use it as AFR.
    Question since you have this gauge...how much back and forth while driving does yours fluctuate on a regular basis? You can see from my log attached earlier just how much mine does. Just curious.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikz86ta View Post
    I got my UEGO used so I only got the AFR Black faceplate...no Lambda faceplate. So as far as digital gauge is concerened, I can only use it as AFR.
    Question since you have this gauge...how much back and forth while driving does yours fluctuate on a regular basis? You can see from my log attached earlier just how much mine does. Just curious.
    Flip the face over, lambda is on the back And then you need to turn the little dial inside to P1 I think to display lambda for gas.

When cruising it fluctuates from I'd say 14.3-15.1, but averages out to around 14.7 in the log. This is normal as the narrowband O2's are trying to maintain stoich and are constantly under and overshooting.
    2001 Silverado 5.3L ECSB 2WD T56:
    T76 turbo, Meth injection, 72# injectors, 799 heads, 212/212 114LSA cam, Built 4L80E, 3.42's
    EFILive V1 Commercial, COS5 2-bar SOLSD, AEM wideband

Lifetime Member

Oh snap..seriously haha I feel dumb :( But didnt buy it new and never read the entire instructions....just the install wiring part.
    Yes I recall seeing the dial.

Ok yea mine too prettymuch. Just wanted to compare

Quote Originally Posted by Mikz86ta View Post
    Yes I do and IIRC we went over them a while back and determined PLX was the same as AEM...AEM isnt listed in the EFILive unfortunately.
    Attached the PDF Insturctions. Thx for looking over that for me in advance Joe
    Ah, yes, I remember... no worries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast