Thread: New laptop and V7.3.1, Is my old v7.3 pre release tune compatible??

Lifetime Member

Default New laptop and V7.3.1, Is my old v7.3 pre release tune compatible??

I have a twin turbo 3 bar setup I had all tuned in in fall. I was running the latest V7.3 pre release at the time. Back when you had to manually tranfer in all the files for a custom O.S. I have a new laptop and just downloaded V7.3.1.

Will I have to change any settings? Are there any new built in settings that would throw off my tune? IAT VE table is at 1.3 value??? Is this correct? I never had this table before.

Can I download my original tune from my pcm and load it back in without any hickups?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Everything will be the same you can continue tuning with your existing tune.
    You may need to re-setup the units display (to match what you had before) in the Properties window.

Most tables that show VE modifiers used to be shown in AFR or EQRatio. Now they are only shown in EQRatio - that will explain why your IAT-VE table is showing those figures (instead of AFR). It does not change your tune - it just changes the way the figures are displayed by EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Change the IAT VE adjust table to 1.00 for now.

Hey, looking forward to your track ventures this year, you did an great job tuning that beast last year.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Great, I will change IAT multiplier to 1.00 and go from there.

I thought of one major problem....... I cannot even use that table because I have a turbo car. It would be super tricky to set up. I would have to miltiply by a value lower then one if its cool out for part throttle, and a value higher then 1.00 when under boost for the higher intake air temps. I am kind of at the mercy of the intercooler cooling efficiency. I would almost have to put the IAT sensor before the intercooler to get constant ambient temps.

I have last years issues repaired. I bought a new converter, made a ram air setup to stop sucking hot radiator air, and did a few suspension adjustments. Now I just need some new rear tires!

I hope to see the track in June sometime for some 9's at 150 mph on 93 octane!
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors