Thread: Dyno success on Dynolog Dyno

Default Dyno success on Dynolog Dyno

Had the car dynod today by Todd of Mainline whose business distributes Dynolog Dynos.

I have heaps of logs made on the Dyno on my laptop.

But the brief summary is

My car made 263rwkw (352hp) and 659Nm. (487ftlb)
    The converter gave a peak torque multiplied figure in 3rd gear of 991Nm (731ftlb)
    Maximum unlocked rwkw was 255rwkw (342hp)

At 100kph(62mph) cruise at realistic loads it was at 32mpg. At 1600rpm it was in the high 30s and about 75kph (48mph). We tweaked the timing and gained information that can improve cruise economy a small amount. Using an inline fuel flow meter.

More timing across the range gained the car some power and a little more again by leaning it out a little. Adjustments were made using the Bi-directional controls and the gearbox was also locked in 3rd gear and with the converter locked for some runs this way as well. It worked really well.

A third gear run was flashed from 2200rpm to stall speed and then accelerated to peak power with the converter unlocked - this yielded a peak torque of 991Nm aided by the converter. The unlocked stall converter multiplied torque much higher in rpm than expected - it did it all the way to 5600rpm.

It had 220rwkw (295hp) at 4750rpm and went above 250rwkw (335hp) at 5300rpm, with max engine torque at about 5400rpm BUT it was very close to flat from 4700rpm to 5600rpm. Most of a drag race run is for my car at the zone of peak torque.

Thanks again to Todd for showing me a great range of the features of the Dynolog system ...we both had a great time investigating things in a few new ways using the processing power of the Dynolog computer system and his multi gas analyser,inline fuel flow meter and lots of logs on my laptop using EFIlive.

Best power was made with an extra 3 degrees across the range added and the afrs at about 12.7. This would be a good drag tune. Less timing made the power drop off noticeably. The afrs being richer made less of a difference.

Default Locked vs Unlocked Torque

Locked vs Unlocked Torque

The rpm is accurate but as Todd explained to me under load the kph drifts downward with torque.

From my EFIlive logs i know that locked & unlocked is

5950rpm is 191kph/183kph
    5430rpm is 173kph/162kph
    5120rpm is 162kph/143kph
    4750rpm is 149kph/120kph
    4380rpm is 138kph/100kph
    4050rpm is 125kph/76kph

It shows i am currently crossing the line at the strip at very close to maximum horsepower.
    At the strip the car doesnt go below 4850rpm after each change at the moment and i might actually be changing gears at too high an rpm - with bigger benefits by changing earlier.

Flyer,

Good work mate;

What did Todd at Mainline think of EFILive...?

Yes, the converter can multiply torque 2+ times.

(...you're aka Oztrack...?)

Default Comment

Yes I am Oztrack!

He saw it work with the full features and i showed him the charting. He had seen most of it before and i think he also sees all the other engine management systems.

Steve

Default Overlay

There were more runs than this - but this is quite a few on the same day. The first one was too rich dropping as low as 11.6 AFR. The best ones arent on the chart they were done a few hours later.

Steve

Default US Style

Here is a US Style graph, i guess the values are similar to what a mustang dyno would give ,a fair bit less than a dynapack interested to know how much.

EfiLive without the dyno got it to about 251rwkw unlocked and the dyno gave info that gained me about 4rwkw. It also taught me "where" i can find more power.

So people can get pretty damn close without a dyno. Its never been tuned on a dyno before.
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

Default Another chart

Here is a US style locked vs unlocked.

I am told on a dynojet this would be about 394hp and 374Ftlb.

Last edited by oztracktuning; March 31st, 2006 at 05:10 PM.

"Flyer",

Another possibly interesting thing you could do with your data is calculate the amount of fuel used to make each RWHP, something similar to BSFC on an engine dyno, except the numbers will be very different on a Chassis Dyno.

Nice one Steve, I have spoken to Steve a few times and I am thinking we might do a custom O.S for him so the PCM just spits out data anyway..........do you ever not log that car once the key is on?

It's going to be nice with the V2 hardware to log all that dyno data along side the engine data too!. Oh the possibilities.
    Interesting find on the AFR's, a fella around these here parts called Ben would back that statement up.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.