Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E40 Car bogs at 3000 RPM, airmass calculation spike

You may not want to log the MAF at this time. I`v seen it skew reading when tuning sd.

Default Still fuel spike at 3200 RPM

Gave it a try at flattening that area out quite a bit. It didn't make any difference. Looking a frames 2580-2590 of the attached log for example still show the big step up in calculated airmass. The suggested PIDs and fuel states have been logged but I haven't figured out how to rename the SCALEDCORVE yet to review.

Any other ideas on what could do this. I combed back through my tune table by table looking for something related to 3200 RPM and nothing stood out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0088_VE.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	355.3 KB 
ID:	15231  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    You may not want to log the MAF at this time. I`v seen it skew reading when tuning sd.
    Just don't log the MAF freq and g/s? Or should I fail it in some other manner? At the moment I have it failing the rationality test above 10 Hz.

Dont`t log the MAF and g/s.

If you get a MAF DTC then the MAF is being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    id probably flatten out that whole area between 2800 and 3600 rpm to make sure its not an interpolation thing and then tweak in the VE.
    That was the issue. The rise (hump) in my VE table preceding the bogg was the problem. I have not identified the root error that created this hump, but getting rid of it by hand solved this issue.

In retrospect, that hump in your VE tables looks wrong...

VE table should look like this: each MAP slice should look like a dyno TQ curve.

Quote Originally Posted by ACCLR8N View Post
    That was the issue. The rise (hump) in my VE table preceding the bogg was the problem. I have not identified the root error that created this hump, but getting rid of it by hand solved this issue.
    Strange VE shapes are common to "Auto-VE" methods due to lag in the WB reading and fast changing RPM/MAP readings so the area you are correcting isnt really the are that needs correction. This shows up more on high-resolution VE tables.

Thanks for your input. I have been reviewing the trends and sculpting the table by hand. I have my WB mounted 18" back from turbo exit per Innovate's recommendations and it is clearly at least a frame behind in the logs.

Temperature has been a factor. The first 20-30 minutes of drive time is to be ignored. The car is operating leaner once everything is thoroughly warmed up.

Still, all three auto VE methods seemed to be off by a factor that continues to elude me. Every time I would hit a wall at 6.3% LTFT and then it would jump the other way. I'd like to hear from somebody that is running a boosted E40 and got one of the auto methods to work. I can see why you would want a steady state dyno.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	109_VE_table.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	349.0 KB 
ID:	15431  
    Last edited by ACCLR8N; July 4th, 2013 at 02:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12