Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 600 rpm slip limit solved!!!! OS 25941752

Default 600 rpm slip limit solved!!!! OS 25941752

Quote Originally Posted by thefermanator View Post
    what he said. I would like to get lockup in 2nd instead of waiting until late in 3rd or 4th.
    x3!!!
    [/SIGPIC]
    2005 duramax LLY, 12.75 on stock motor/fuel, 68mm vgt built trans.
    Built motor by me, built trans, EFIlive by me, dual fuelers, 80% injectors.

Lifetime Member

Default 600 rpm slip limit solved!!!! OS 25941752

The changes moving into beta are purely a change in table dimensions for 6 speed. They are moving from 17X3 to 17X5.

We will review parameter support when A50 is back on the development agenda.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

can you adjust it to lock up at your own editable slip rpm? Because for sledpullers or anyone with a loose converter will get slips about 1500rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by x MadMAX DIESEL View Post
    can you adjust it to lock up at your own editable slip rpm? Because for sledpullers or anyone with a loose converter will get slips about 1500rpm.
    Yep, whatever slip limit you choose. I have seen mine lock with 1300 rpm slip, too high for me but it works!
    2007 Classic CCLB, LBZ - EFIlive, Custom 4 inch downpipe and exhaust, Stock trans with BD tripple disk shimmed relief and modded knockdown valve.
    35/12.50/17 Toyo Open country MT's
    1987 Toyota 4x4 8" lift, 35/13.5/15 Toyo open country's, Trail gear suspension, 22r turbo on Propane @ 20psi boost GT2860RS turbo, V6 R150 Transmission.

if I update my efilive to the newest version will i have that add on to table d5072? My lockup controller broke but I would like to do away with it anyways because I have so many spliced in wires it doesnt look good. I have build 235 right now

mine is a 7766 os though, not a 1752. Is that gonna be a problem?

bump

Any updates to this Ross or Cindy? Especially the TCC Slip limit table he added, since D5072 won't help if we are above 600 RPM of slip.

On my 05 5 speed I have issues with the converter being commanded to unlock any time I get tire spin rolling in the throttle from a cruise. Not during a shift, and it doesn't even have to be WOT - just rolling on the throttle from 50+ mph if the tires start to break loose at all the TCM will drop TCC duty cycle and unlock the converter - unlocking and flash stalling from 2500 RPM to 4500 RPM under power seems to be hell on converters. In 4WD without the tires slipping it will stay locked, only if the tires slip in 2WD. Also if you hit a dip in the road while accelerating hard and the tires lose contact with the ground just enough to get a touch of spin it will unlock then as well. With the BT lockup box in manual lockup it won't do it, I can roll into it from 60 mph and white smoke the tires without the converter unlocking; but I would like to be able to take care of it in the tune and not have to go into manual lock-up every time I want to accelerate from a roll when the converter is already locked.

Quote Originally Posted by OTHRGRL View Post
    Any updates to this Ross or Cindy? Especially the TCC Slip limit table he added, since D5072 won't help if we are above 600 RPM of slip.

On my 05 5 speed I have issues with the converter being commanded to unlock any time I get tire spin rolling in the throttle from a cruise. Not during a shift, and it doesn't even have to be WOT - just rolling on the throttle from 50+ mph if the tires start to break loose at all the TCM will drop TCC duty cycle and unlock the converter - unlocking and flash stalling from 2500 RPM to 4500 RPM under power seems to be hell on converters. In 4WD without the tires slipping it will stay locked, only if the tires slip in 2WD. Also if you hit a dip in the road while accelerating hard and the tires lose contact with the ground just enough to get a touch of spin it will unlock then as well. With the BT lockup box in manual lockup it won't do it, I can roll into it from 60 mph and white smoke the tires without the converter unlocking; but I would like to be able to take care of it in the tune and not have to go into manual lock-up every time I want to accelerate from a roll when the converter is already locked.
    Sounds like you are experiencing the ALLISON traction control feature kicking in. I know mine does it even on small tunes. When I logged all of the trans parameters and played the logs back I noticed a PID for traction control and it would go active everytime the tires would break loose when I got on it. If the tires broke loose from the start it would lock up like normal, but if they break loose when your moving the TCM would freak out and go into this traction control mode. Mine will even defuel when it goes active. This is on an 01 OS. Never bothered me much as I have no business breaking the tires loose at 60 and drifting a BURB. It would be REALLY nice to get the added lockup tables though. I'm tired of mine going to 3100-3300 and just sitting there until it finally locks at the top of 3rd gear.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Here is my OS thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast