Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 600 rpm slip limit solved!!!! OS 25941752

There is one op system that hasn't had it added in yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post

Ohh well that's probably mine. So if I switch to a different os I should see it

The 01 OS's don't have it mapped out, pretty sure all of the 02+ have it. If you're still not getting lockup in 2nd after you have changed the slip limit tables, go in to D5064, and lower the speed down for the lockup speed by 2-3 MPH or more, that should get you lockup. Even if you change the slip limit, you have to have the lockup speed low enough that there is a buffer between the 2-3 shift and the lockup speed, otherwise it won't lockup regardless of the slip limit settings.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    The 01 OS's don't have it mapped out, pretty sure all of the 02+ have it. If you're still not getting lockup in 2nd after you have changed the slip limit tables, go in to D5064, and lower the speed down for the lockup speed by 2-3 MPH or more, that should get you lockup. Even if you change the slip limit, you have to have the lockup speed low enough that there is a buffer between the 2-3 shift and the lockup speed, otherwise it won't lockup regardless of the slip limit settings.
    The issue he has is with a LBZ A40. I know which one he is talking about.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

actually all the slip limit tables in efi are referenced to the wrong memory location as i have discovered based on the fact that i know what table needs to be modified. when i load my working 1200rpm slip limit tune into efi it show me a slip limit of 625rpm, i can change my 1200 limit to anything i like and reload in efi and it still shows 625. its so easy, i dont know how they messed up the reference location.
    2007 Classic CCLB, LBZ - EFIlive, Custom 4 inch downpipe and exhaust, Stock trans with BD tripple disk shimmed relief and modded knockdown valve.
    35/12.50/17 Toyo Open country MT's
    1987 Toyota 4x4 8" lift, 35/13.5/15 Toyo open country's, Trail gear suspension, 22r turbo on Propane @ 20psi boost GT2860RS turbo, V6 R150 Transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchd View Post
    its so easy, i dont know how they messed up the reference location.
    Too much copy pasta.

actually all the slip limit tables in efi are referenced to the wrong memory location as i have discovered based on the fact that i know what table needs to be modified. when i load my working 1200rpm slip limit tune into efi it show me a slip limit of 625rpm, i can change my 1200 limit to anything i like and reload in efi and it still shows 625. its so easy, i dont know how they messed up the reference location.
    If you want to send me a .bin file and the address, I can make a CAX file so you can edit it in EFILive. Might help some other people out.

Sent from my FlashScan V2
    Some diesels, some gassers... EFILive all the things!
    EFILive + RoadRunner = AWESOME!!!

I hope something becomes of this to help. I adjusted the table for my LMM and it reduced but did not eliminate the problem. Only Ben's lockup box actually cured it for me.
    2008 LMM

Quote Originally Posted by n2brk View Post
    I hope something becomes of this to help. I adjusted the table for my LMM and it reduced but did not eliminate the problem. Only Ben's lockup box actually cured it for me.
    Have you also lowered the lockup speed in 2nd gear? It doesn't matter if you raise the slip limit, if you are to close to the lockup speed in that gear, the TCM will over ride lockup until the shift is completed. I think this is the issue alot of people are running into with no lockup even after raising the slip limit.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

There are also a few more speed related lock up inhibitors not in EFI. Two that dictate min enable disable and an base value minimum speed lockup can occur at. If those are not lowered, in most OS's I have come across, the soonest possible you can get the TCC to lock is ~ 20 MPH. Which is close enough to the 2-3 shift that it will 90% of the time lock immediately as it enters 3rd Gear. Without changing those, Ben's box will always lock sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by LunchBox View Post
    Too much copy pasta.
    LOL Its so true!
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast