Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 600 rpm slip limit solved!!!! OS 25941752

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I'm running the AL5, not a GM T42 TCM. The ALLISON TCM has ALOT of un-mapped parameters in it.
    I know, Im saying in general it'd be nice if the parameter was available (essentially on ALL PCM/TCMs).

Ive hear the Allisons have a lot of unmapped params in it, but how much more is really necessary? Not trying to start anything, just honestly curious? Except for this converter slip issue with looser TCs and the TC unlocking on 0% TPS, what else do you want?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I know, Im saying in general it'd be nice if the parameter was available (essentially on ALL PCM/TCMs).

Ive hear the Allisons have a lot of unmapped params in it, but how much more is really necessary? Not trying to start anything, just honestly curious? Except for this converter slip issue with looser TCs and the TC unlocking on 0% TPS, what else do you want?
    I know there is also the issue of teh converter unlocking in certain TCM OS's during WOT shifts, and due to converter slippage will not relock. MANY people would like to be able to alter the grade breaking feature to make it actually work all the time, but this one would get tricky considering it works off an adaptive algorythim. And don't forget the ever annoying adaptive shift learning of some OS's. The 01 TCM OS is a pretty consistent shifting OS, but the 03-05 OS's can be unpredicteable at best to say the least.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I know there is also the issue of teh converter unlocking in certain TCM OS's during WOT shifts, and due to converter slippage will not relock. MANY people would like to be able to alter the grade breaking feature to make it actually work all the time, but this one would get tricky considering it works off an adaptive algorythim. And don't forget the ever annoying adaptive shift learning of some OS's. The 01 TCM OS is a pretty consistent shifting OS, but the 03-05 OS's can be unpredicteable at best to say the least.
    Got it, sounds like a fun can o worms to open up.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Got it, sounds like a fun can o worms to open up.
    Yep, hence why no one has opened it yet. It would be nice to get ahold of a copy of ALLISON's DOC software to do these changes, but it is locked down some kind of tight when it comes to doing changes on the 2500/3500 tune files.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Default 600 rpm slip limit solved!!!! OS 25941752

Here is my current TCM tune im running if you would like to change it and ill try it out
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Quinton; June 5th, 2013 at 07:28 AM.

Sorrry Quinton, havent gotten the 5 speed working yet, gonna take a better look this weekend. The Six speeds work awesome though, kinda worried about my input shaft when it locks with 1000rpm slip!
    2007 Classic CCLB, LBZ - EFIlive, Custom 4 inch downpipe and exhaust, Stock trans with BD tripple disk shimmed relief and modded knockdown valve.
    35/12.50/17 Toyo Open country MT's
    1987 Toyota 4x4 8" lift, 35/13.5/15 Toyo open country's, Trail gear suspension, 22r turbo on Propane @ 20psi boost GT2860RS turbo, V6 R150 Transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchd View Post
    Sorrry Quinton, havent gotten the 5 speed working yet, gonna take a better look this weekend. The Six speeds work awesome though, kinda worried about my input shaft when it locks with 1000rpm slip!
    Alright well let us know when you figure it out!
    [/SIGPIC]
    2005 duramax LLY, 12.75 on stock motor/fuel, 68mm vgt built trans.
    Built motor by me, built trans, EFIlive by me, dual fuelers, 80% injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchd View Post
    Could you post up the trans tune anyways so I can check it out? Or pm it to me. If like to take a look at it if you don't mind.
    [/SIGPIC]
    2005 duramax LLY, 12.75 on stock motor/fuel, 68mm vgt built trans.
    Built motor by me, built trans, EFIlive by me, dual fuelers, 80% injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    Could you post up the trans tune anyways so I can check it out? Or pm it to me. If like to take a look at it if you don't mind.
    there is nothing to see as the table is deep in the coding, and i cant disclose the adress for the competition to see. there are a couple more variables i have been playing with that seem to affect lockup based on tps changes, these really affect off throttle lockup.
    2007 Classic CCLB, LBZ - EFIlive, Custom 4 inch downpipe and exhaust, Stock trans with BD tripple disk shimmed relief and modded knockdown valve.
    35/12.50/17 Toyo Open country MT's
    1987 Toyota 4x4 8" lift, 35/13.5/15 Toyo open country's, Trail gear suspension, 22r turbo on Propane @ 20psi boost GT2860RS turbo, V6 R150 Transmission.

We have the 5 speed stuff working! 6 speed I have not tested, but pulling it out the reef here soon and mapping as many OS as possible. Have not been able to test the OP tune yet, but have it as well... Cool to see this brought back up to life!
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast