Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 600 rpm slip limit solved!!!! OS 25941752

Specifically, what I am asking is whether or not AL5 will get the new tables and the slip limit adjustment. If so, when would we see the updates roll out?
    2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, 2008 Cummins 6.7, Allison 1000 5spd
    2011 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.7L Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    I think your job here is done. Thanks Ross!

Ps-beav, yes- early April if I'm reading the right.
    Yeah, I went back to re-read Ross's original post and realized that I misunderstood what he was saying. Rough day yesterday. I thought, for some reason, that they were not updating the AL5 but instead just the A40 and A50.

Thanks for the clarification! Sounds like great news for ALL!!!

Will modifying this "slip limit" allow/cause the tc to lock in 1st gear?

Quote Originally Posted by beav View Post
    Will modifying this "slip limit" allow/cause the tc to lock in 1st gear?
    No. Lockup in 1st is impossible with a 5 speed, and highly unreccomended for the 6 speeds. I still wish we could get the tables for TCC lockup at closed throttle. No matter where you set the tables, the TCM will unlock the converter at the same road speed when you let off the throttle. But I realize this request is beyond low priority as only a couple of us have asked about it(just would be nice for those like me who have 3.42 gears to be able to keep the converter locked at 55 when I let off the throttle. Gets really annoying having it unlock at 56 everytime I let off.).
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    No. Lockup in 1st is impossible with a 5 speed, and highly unreccomended for the 6 speeds. I still wish we could get the tables for TCC lockup at closed throttle. No matter where you set the tables, the TCM will unlock the converter at the same road speed when you let off the throttle. But I realize this request is beyond low priority as only a couple of us have asked about it(just would be nice for those like me who have 3.42 gears to be able to keep the converter locked at 55 when I let off the throttle. Gets really annoying having it unlock at 56 everytime I let off.).
    I've wanted the same table, but never mentioned it. I've got tall tires, and even with the 3.72 gears, it unlocks higher than I want.

But yeah, that is going to be a very low priority request. I'd rather have OS 12655493 for my Cruze Eco, at the moment.

The slip limit being solved is great, though! I'm awaiting this update anxiously.
    Some diesels, some gassers... EFILive all the things!
    EFILive + RoadRunner = AWESOME!!!

Awesome job, thanks Ross!!

One other question....have you been able to find the table that specifies a force-unlock during a WOT downshift/kickdown? All TCM's do it EXCEPT the 04.5-05 LLY 5-speed. Like, if you are cruising on the highway in 5th locked up, floor it to pass someone, TCM unlocks TCC, then downshifts...then relocks. LLY TCM cal just downshifts without the unlock-relock dance.

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Why "impossible"? Some thought that the 600+ rpm lock limit was impossible too. Now I'm more curious than anything else. Not sure why anyone would really need to lockup in 1st other than for the sake of fun (and danger for that matter).

I have 3.73s and I just looked at a few logs and my converter is locked in @ 0% tps until about 1325rpm and about 50mph which is when TCC DC goes from 100% to 0%. Maybe you need a slightly smaller tire or higher gear to get you out of that range. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by beav View Post
    Why "impossible"? Some thought that the 600+ rpm lock limit was impossible too.
    Its a hydraulic limitation of the 5-speed valve body....it has nothing to do with tuning. You cant "tune around" a blocked off fluid passage in the valve body casting.

If you manually apply (IE, just ground the control wire) the TCC solenoid on a 5-speed in 1st gear, nothing happens.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Its a hydraulic limitation of the 5-speed valve body....it has nothing to do with tuning. You cant "tune around" a blocked off fluid passage in the valve body casting.

If you manually apply (IE, just ground the control wire) the TCC solenoid on a 5-speed in 1st gear, nothing happens.
    What he said. There is no getting around a built in limitation except for swapping in a 6 speed valve body(and that opens up a whole nother can of works to contend with). For a 5 speed lockup in 1st isn't going to happen. People have manually done it in 6 speeds, but all of the reports I have read from those who have done it advised against it.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast